Review by Cotwani -- Chip’s World: Complex #31 and...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Re: Review by Cotwani -- Chip’s World: Complex #31 and...

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

It's a nice blend of technology and fantasy. No doubt the world is moving towards automation and China is experimenting with robot anchors. Even the horrible future they present can be taken as true as the world is moving towards the same destruction in one way or the other. Thanks for this great review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Whereas technological advancements have their obvious and desired advantages, there are perils if not all possible scenarios and risks are determined and sorted out in the planning stages. I do hope things get sorted out in this book and for our future in real life. Thank you for your candid yet well-written review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Vscholz wrote: 07 Jan 2019, 18:28 There are a lot of books about robot uprisings, and each day it gets more and more real. It is quite terrifying! Sophia the Robot is so fascinating with her personality development, but stories like this make it unsettling.

Thanks for the great review!
It's unsettling indeed to see how easy super-human technology can take on humans! It's a good thing Sophia could 'reason!' Thanks so much Vscholz for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

teacherjh wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 20:48 I love dystopian stories, but this one does not sound developed enough. Bummer.
True, there were too many threads that did not tie up properly. Thanks for taking time to read and giving feedback teacherjh.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

fernsmom wrote: 04 Jan 2019, 07:38 Great review as always! I was interested at first with the plot and the twists, but the confusion of the story line, and the editing mistakes... think I will skip this one but thanks for the outstanding review!
Thanks Linda. I hope the author will rectify these issues. I truly appreciate your stopping by and giving feedback. I hope things are better with you.
-Walt Disney
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

Shrabastee wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 07:10 I get what you mean by the premise was sound but the execution poor. It is a pity when that happens. The title of the book somehow kept me from reading it. This probably sounds hilarious, but it is true. Maybe I will give it a try some day! Thanks for the honest and insightful review, Connie!
Lol, I agree the title was cryptic! I hope you get to read the book too. Thanks for your time and feedback!
-Walt Disney
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

Lunastella wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 19:37 Honestly, I prefer much more character-driven stories and dystopian plots kind of scare me. The plot seems to have many problems too. Hopefully, the author will take your suggestions into account for future books or new editions.
Thank you for your honest review!
Thanks Sara! I too hope the author will rectify the issues raised. I appreciate your reading and giving feedback.
-Walt Disney
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

Sarah Tariq wrote: 22 Jan 2019, 09:26 It's a nice blend of technology and fantasy. No doubt the world is moving towards automation and China is experimenting with robot anchors. Even the horrible future they present can be taken as true as the world is moving towards the same destruction in one way or the other. Thanks for this great review.
Really?! I didn't know China was experimenting with robot anchors. I hope humans won't be extinct in a short while! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts, Sarah!
-Walt Disney
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

Espie wrote: 23 Jan 2019, 06:22 Whereas technological advancements have their obvious and desired advantages, there are perils if not all possible scenarios and risks are determined and sorted out in the planning stages. I do hope things get sorted out in this book and for our future in real life. Thank you for your candid yet well-written review.
I too hope the author will improve the book, and also that there will be a robot uprising!! It's long since I read review by you. Keep them coming please!
-Walt Disney

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”