Review by Al Chakauya -- Brand Real by Vasken Kalayjian

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Al Chakauya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-al-chakauya.html
Latest Review: Effective Leaders and Leadership by Mildred Stallworth

Review by Al Chakauya -- Brand Real by Vasken Kalayjian

Post by Al Chakauya » 22 Dec 2018, 07:28

[Following is a volunteer review of "Brand Real" by Vasken Kalayjian.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I have read so many self-help books, but Brandreal: The Startup Entrepreneur’s Guide to Effective Branding and Building Values-Based Organizations is in a league of its own. This is a non-fiction book written specifically for budding entrepreneurs by the branding guru, Vasken Kalayjian. Vasken takes the reader on a journey of branding and instilling specific values to any start-up. The author highlights ways of achieving success in any business. This is done in a clear and logical way. He articulates on how to attract tech-savvies into an organisation. He elaborates on how organisational values can turn a small start-up into a multi-million dollar company. Without giving any spoilers, let me hasten to say that, Brandreal, is a book that gives budding entrepreneurs an in-depth coaching on building business empires using a variety of tools and techniques.

The book has twenty-seven chapters, with each chapter explaining a different technique. The chapters are short and precise –making the book a pleasure to read. The techniques are easy to follow as the book is written is simple English. All technical jargon is explained clearly. There are glossary pages that define technical words at the end of the book. There’s a takeaways-section at the of each chapter or sub-section –a clever way to make readers revise what they have read. To make readers understand better, Vasken included some exercises at the end of each chapter.

Vasken included several sections and chapters contributed by gurus in various fields of expertise. The experts shared their insights and experiences. This made learning easy and fun. The author included several appendices covering vital areas in business meant to help the budding entrepreneur, towards the end of the book. I liked the appendix on, “How to Write a Business Plan”. It was written clearly and in simple, easy-to-follow steps. I also enjoyed the practical examples given in almost every topic in the book. This kind of interactive learning made the book enjoyable.

I recommend the book, Brandreal: The Startup Entrepreneur’s Guide to Effective Branding and Building Values-Based Organizations, to any budding entrepreneur. The language used is simple, hence making the techniques easy to put into practice. Those already big in business have some morsels to take home. They will learn of ways of protecting their brand. In fact, I don’t see anyone in business or who intend to go into business this book does not appeal to. They will learn of ways on building and instilling a better business culture.

Brandreal: The Startup Entrepreneur’s Guide to Effective Branding and Building Values-Based Organizations, is a pleasure to read. The chapters are small and above all, they are further divided into bite-sized sub-topics. I came across four grammatical and spelling errors in the Kindle version that I read. The last sentence in Chapter 23 is written as “... will you a ...” instead of “... will give you a....” The four typos are not distracting at all. In fact, Brandreal is a great read. For the aforementioned reasons, I have every reason of awarding, Brandreal: The Startup Entrepreneur’s Guide to Effective Branding and Building Values-Based Organizations, 4 out of 4 stars, for the exhilarating read that it is.

Brand Real
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Al Chakauya's review? Post a comment saying so!

teacherjh
2018 Reading Goal: 48
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 296
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: Time Shot by R.K. Johnson

Post by teacherjh » 07 Jan 2019, 12:13

I considered reviewing this one. I think it would help me with my non-profit business, Acts 3 Dream Catchers.

Al Chakauya
Currently Reading:

Post by Al Chakauya » 07 Jan 2019, 12:18

teacherjh wrote: ↑
07 Jan 2019, 12:13
I considered reviewing this one. I think it would help me with my non-profit business, Acts 3 Dream Catchers.
It's indeed a great handbook for would-be entrepreneurs. The book explains business concepts in detail and in simple language. Thank you for stopping by teacherjh.

Miriam Molina
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 2
2018 Reading Goal: 48
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 158
2017 Reading Goal: 36
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 125
Currently Reading: A Stained White Radiance
Bookshelf Size: 551
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-molina.html
Latest Review: Dear American Brother by Joe J. Elder
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Miriam Molina » 07 Jan 2019, 22:50

This seems like a fun book that teaches valuable concepts. Entrepreneurship is dubbed as the sure way of building wealth. Kalayjian's global expertise and experience with many Fortune 1000 companies should prove helpful to those who dare to go out on their own.

Al Chakauya
Currently Reading:

Post by Al Chakauya » 08 Jan 2019, 00:16

Miriam Molina wrote: ↑
07 Jan 2019, 22:50
This seems like a fun book that teaches valuable concepts. Entrepreneurship is dubbed as the sure way of building wealth. Kalayjian's global expertise and experience with many Fortune 1000 companies should prove helpful to those who dare to go out on their own.
I couldn't say it any better, Kalayjian has a tactiful way of teaching entrepreneurship in an engaging manner.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”