Review by brittany_t -- Olympian Challenger

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
brittany_t
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 9
Favorite Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brittany-t.html
Latest Review: Olympian Challenger by Astrid Arditi
fav_author_id: 3137

Review by brittany_t -- Olympian Challenger

Post by brittany_t » 20 Dec 2018, 18:45

[Following is a volunteer review of "Olympian Challenger" by Astrid Arditi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If you are into mythology, forbidden love and romance the Olympian Challenger by Astrid Arditi is for you!

Hope Diaz is a struggling 17-year-old, with school, swim team and dealing with the possibility of losing her sick mother. One morning, Hope receives a mystery invitation, among other young teenagers around the New York City area. The only difference is, Hope was able to see a secret message, that got her invited into Mount Olympics. Hope overcomes many challenges throughout her journey in Mount Olympics, she friends, Amy and Gabriel, which are completely opposite, but with their duo, it is a perfect match. Then appears Kierson, the God of Shadows, who is dealing with his own problems. Hope and Kierson develop a bond unfortunately, not everyone is too happy about this...

This was the first book of Astrid Arditi that I had a chance to read and I have to say I loved this novel. I like Mythology in general, so I was excited to read this novel. The contents in this novel had so many mythology references, it covers most gods and heroes. Unfortunately, this novel does go into detail about mythology, I thought it can be dry and hard to read at times. I did not see the need to include all that info into one novel.

Readers who are into mythology and young adult fiction would love this book. Though, if you like more of a heavy romance aspect I would say, stay away from this novel. It is pretty light on the romance, though there are two main characters that have that kind of relationship this book does not revolve around it.

Olympian Challenger was a page-turner and it was an easy read and then it ended with a cliffhanger. So, if cliffhangers are a trigger, I would stay away as well. The end really threw me for a loop because I am one of those people so I am excited to see what happens in the next installment of this trilogy. There were a lot of different relationships throughout this novel, I felt like the characters that I learned about at the start of the book took a backseat, so I am also happy to see if they show up in the next novel!

The novel was well edited, I did not find any errors, for that it made reading the novel from start to finish very easy. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars, for the lack of grammar and spelling errors as well as I loved the content of the novel and I cannot wait to read the second book.

Olympian Challenger
View: on Bookshelves

Like brittany_t's review? Post a comment saying so!
"Let's get lost in a world made of books, coffee and snowy days"
:coffee3-smiley: :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”