Review by Nusrat_Shabnam_ -- Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nusrat_Shabnam_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nusrat-shabnam.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Review by Nusrat_Shabnam_ -- Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Nusrat_Shabnam_ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches 3" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Heartaches 3 is a romance novel by H. M. Irwing. It will be an ecstatic read for those who believe in the power of love. Those who don't believe in love can try it too. Perhaps it will change their mind. This book contains little crime and thriller experience. So if you are a fan of crime and thriller, you can try it.

Anna Simmons and Rafael Brown Russo are two exceptional lovers struggling with fate. They are fighting to maintain their relationship forever. Destiny played obscure games with them, but couldn't separate them.

Anna is a victim of rape and Rafe is a Syrian soldier. Rafe's step-brother Matt Preston raped Anna. Matt was Anna's ex. Rafe never knew he had a family. But he would better be alone than to have a family like the Prestons.

Heartaches 3 begins with Anna confused about her feelings for Matt. Matt accepted his fault and is guilty about raping her. Now, he wants her back as his girlfriend. Anna is still a little weak towards Matt. But her love for Rafe was stopping her from going back to Matt. A twist arises when Anna's step-brother Brian Simmons steps in. Once he was close to the Prestons. But does he have any connection with Anna's rape? You can find it out by reading the book.

Anna's confused feelings for Matt was hate-worthy. I think Matt never loved her truly. If he did, he would've never done so with her. So, he is nowhere in comparison with Rafe. Characters of Suzi and David were distracting. Suzi is the maid. The story seems crazy when Suzi wants to kiss Rafe to make David jealous. Jane Simmons was a praiseworthy character. She loved Brian as if he was her son. Brian was not a charming character. Still, he made the story exciting.

The book contains a touch of crime and thrill. The twist was entertaining. Starting was good, but as I moved further, it became boring and unworthy of my time. Since I don't prefer a mixture of crime, thriller, and romance, so it wasn't a good read for me.

This book cannot be called a stand-alone. Nobody can relate to the characters of Ned, Pat, Dan, Aunt Bella, Suzi, and David without reading Heartaches 2. It was easy for me to connect to the book as I had read Heartaches 2 earlier.

The grammatical errors were very distracting. The book was poorly edited. I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. Because of the poor-editing and the mixture of genres out of my taste, I provide this rating. Though romance was less noticeable, it was filled with Anna and Rafe's desire to be together. I guess that was the main theme of the book. I would've provided a higher rating if the author emphasized more on Anna and Rafe's romance. The author needs professional editors for getting good ratings for his books.

Heartaches 3
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Nusrat_Shabnam_'s review? Post a comment saying so!
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

You're not the first one who had the same reservations about this piece. I could see where you're coming from. Thank you for your honest review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”