Review by topdan30 -- Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 798
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Review by topdan30 -- Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by topdan30 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Escape is a book written by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD. The book was inspired by new science in the field of cosmology known as dark energy. It is a science fiction and fantasy, with a dose of romance. This is the first book in the 30th Century series. The book has a lot of sexual scenes and will not be suitable for underage. I will recommend this book to lovers of science fiction, with a bit of romance.

In the 30th century, the world is in crisis as there is a fight between the Naturals and the Syndos for survival. The Syndos has enhanced DNA which allows them to outperform the average human across many fields. The Syndos want to exterminate the natural human race once and for all. The survival of the natural human race can only be guaranteed with a mission through time to correct the defect in the Syndos.

Jennifer Hero is the captain of the secret society team leading the mission. She already lost her lover, Zexton. Her plans are not just to save humanity, but also her psyche. Jennifer sent her team to the 27th century while she went to the 21st century.

Will her team survive on their mission? What is the hope of humanity? Will Jennifer be able to save her psyche? Will she be able to cope in the 21st century? All these were answered in this first book in the series.
The authors’ use of words and his descriptive ability really got to me. He described various scenes and the environment vividly. The description of Jennifer’s life on Moruroa Atoll really got to me as the author also provided colourful pictures to make it more relatable. The characters provided in this story were well-developed and interesting to read about. I love the character of Jennifer as she has a lovable heart.

This book contains an unconventional relationship like the one between Marty, Erita and Jennifer. This relationship may not appeal to some set of readers as it is against some religious belief. Therefore, if you cannot bear it, please do not read it.

There are many aspects of this book that I like. I like the colourful pictures provided at the interval to provide additional information that made the story more understandable. Some of these pictures include maps, scenes and environment. There is nothing that I dislike in this novel, as the storyline is easy to read and understand.

The book is professionally edited with no flaw. Therefore, I rate Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD 4 out of 4 stars.

Escape
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like topdan30's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 975
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Alien Bonds by Carmen Webster Buxton

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

I like how the author added pictures in the story.

Thank you for the great review.
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

Jennifer Hero is the captain of the secret society team leading the mission. She already lost her lover, Zexton. Her plans are not just to save humanity, but also her psyche. Jennifer sent her team to the 27th century while she went to the 21st century.
This is a most interesting story but you have made it more interesting by saying she is trying to save her psyche also. thanks for your review.
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayat-paarsa.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Ayat paarsa »

topdan30 wrote: 16 Dec 2018, 10:07 [Following is a volunteer review of "Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Escape is a book written by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD. The book was inspired by new science in the field of cosmology known as dark energy. It is a science fiction and fantasy, with a dose of romance. This is the first book in the 30th Century series. The book has a lot of sexual scenes and will not be suitable for underage. I will recommend this book to lovers of science fiction, with a bit of romance.

In the 30th century, the world is in crisis as there is a fight between the Naturals and the Syndos for survival. The Syndos has enhanced DNA which allows them to outperform the average human across many fields. The Syndos want to exterminate the natural human race once and for all. The survival of the natural human race can only be guaranteed with a mission through time to correct the defect in the Syndos.

Will her team survive on their mission? What is the hope of humanity? Will Jennifer be able to save her psyche? Will she be able to cope in the 21st century? All these were answered in this first book in the series.
The authors’ use of words and his descriptive ability really got to me. He described various scenes and the environment vividly. The description of Jennifer’s life on Moruroa Atoll really got to me as the author also provided colourful pictures to make it more relatable. The characters provided in this story were well-developed and interesting to read about. I love the character of Jennifer as she has a lovable heart.

This book contains an unconventional relationship like the one between Marty, Erita and Jennifer. This relationship may not appeal to some set of readers as it is against some religious belief. Therefore, if you cannot bear it, please do not read it.

There are many aspects of this book that I like. I like the colourful pictures provided at the interval to provide additional information that made the story more understandable. Some of these pictures include maps, scenes and environment. There is nothing that I dislike in this novel, as the storyline is easy to read and understand.

The book is professionally edited with no flaw. Therefore, I rate Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD 4 out of 4 stars.

Escape
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like topdan30's review? Post a comment saying so!
I am also having an offer for this book, but both the science fiction and an erotic book aren't of my interest. I am amazed you reviewed a tough book really well and find it easy too. Probably that's because of your interest in a scientific read, good job.
:reading-5: @paarsa. :escribir:
Sharonmar49
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32

Post by Sharonmar49 »

Re: 30th Century:Escape by Mark Kingston Levin. By: sharonmar49. Well written, kept my interest right to the end. The type of sex was not appealing to me. Otherwise was a good read.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”