Review by yvonne grace -- Pancake Money by Finn Bell

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
yvonne grace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-grace.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Review by yvonne grace -- Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by yvonne grace »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Pancake Money" by Finn Bell.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book Pancake money by Finn Bell is about good and bad and right and wrong.Bobby represents the right side, Pollo and the police force are the in betweens for both sides that is they hold the scales to balance while Tegere Servare and Jones represent the wrong side.All of them are human beings and they do not choose to be where they are thereby serving as a warning to all judgy eyes.Anybody can find themselves on either side.

Ann Bowbly's lectures explains with scientific evidence that every person has needs which when not met causes pain leading to death.The only difference being time. Therefore in order to survive the brain isolates the individual which leads to negative consequences in the long run like mental illnesses.

This formed the back bone for the book whereby Liam Tull was denied the need to grow up in a normal happy family which in turn caused him pain growing up.He got sick and the consequences were the gruesome crimes he committed.With this he ended up denying Jones the need to be with his son. Out of pain Jones committed crimes of his own.All that pain led to a series of murders in Dunedin, Bobby and Pollo were left with task of catching the culprits but in order to succeed they must think like a criminal.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because it is very informative and rich in history.Finn Bell has even given a few notes at the end which made the book very real to me.

What I liked most about the book was learning how good and evil comes to be. What I liked least about the book was that the suspense was too much. I felt like the author was leaving me hanging in some instances like with characters like the reporter Becca Patrick, the fourth priest Father Black and all who were after all associated with Liam Tull.

I highly recommend this book to all leaders in all kinds of fields as they are faced with the task of nurturing because they need to know that they have to pay keen attention to the needs of the ones they are responsible for as it can lead to greater consequences in the future. At the same time I feel it can also spike the wrong reactions from mentally unstable persons.

Pancake Money
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like yvonne grace's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”