Review by Sweetp120 -- Purgatory's Angel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Sweetp120
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetp120.html
Latest Review: Purgatory's Angel by B Hughes-Millman

Review by Sweetp120 -- Purgatory's Angel

Post by Sweetp120 » 15 Dec 2018, 23:16

[Following is a volunteer review of "Purgatory's Angel" by B Hughes-Millman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever heard, that if you die in a dream you die in real life? In Purgatory's Angel by B. Hughes-Millman this isn't just a saying, its reality. Humans are prey for demons when they enter the world of dreams, but there is someone who hunts the demons that prey on the innocent, and that is where our main character comes into play. Our main character, Jaime, is a Dark Angel sent to protect the humans from demons and other Rogue Angels. Jaime has lost everyone she ever loved and is alone in this world. At least she thinks so until one night while hunting she encounters another Dark Angel, Collin, whom she mistakes for one of the demons she hunts, but that is only the beginning.

Sustaining wounds she can't explain to officials she is then forced to trust someone she once knew in the pre-existence, or Heaven as we know it. Trusting Stanton, who is a doctor, goes against all she's ever known, but with her life on the line, it's the only choice she has. Survival is the name of the game, as its kill or be killed. When trust is given loyalties are tested between the angel-thought-demon and the good doctor, the truth is the biggest weapon she will have fighting for a future she struggles to even want. The question is can she find the truth before the last battle begins? Will the love stirring in her heart last or will the last battle take that from her too? If Jaime wins which love interest will be true? Jaime, Collin, and Stanton all have paths and choices before them. There are two paths to take, but which one is the right path? Only Jaime can answer these questions. Purgatory's Angel is where the story begins, but I am more interested in where the story is going. If you pick up this book you will not regret being a part of this story.

I was so excited when I seen this book become available for me to read. I had good feelings about this book from the first review I read, and I am glad I took the time to read this book. It was so engaging and interesting, that I am not only ready for the next book in the series, but I am ready to recommend this book to anyone 16 and older. The only thing that I would say while recommending this book to others is if you struggle with PTSD from sexual abuse this book is full of triggers, strong language, and scenes. This book was so well-edited, but there were a couple of errors that I did find. These errors didn't take anything away from the book as I could read the book that I enjoyed immensely. Even though there were a couple of errors they weren't enough to take away any points from this book as I thoroughly loved this book, and that is why I am giving this book a 4 out of 4 rating.

Normally, I explain what I did like about a book first, however, with there being so little that I disliked about this book, I figured that's where I will begin. One of the errors I found was a word was used wrongly. On page 261 the word used is strafing, but this word is incorrect, as the definition and the usage do not match. Next issue that I had with this book was how fast the relationships accelerate in this book. The storyline isn't hindered by the pace of the story, but for me, there was something off, and questionable, by how super fast the relationships grow. I am hoping that this was done for a reason, but I won't know until I find and read the second book of this series. The last issue I had with this book is the fact that on page 318 the book ends but there is no page break between the end of the book and the description of the sequel. I would have liked to see this break so I wouldn't have been as confused while flipping back towards the end to see the sections of Acknowledgments and About the Author. It wasn't until I read the book all the way through that I realized that there is a "The End" statement, to tell you that the rest is extra. To some, these would be big issues, but for me, they weren't, and that's why this book received a full rating from me.

I absolutely loved Purgatory's Angel. The book had me wanting more at every twist and turn. At times it was hard to put the book down. Just when I thought I had it figured out something happens that changes things completely. It was puzzle-packed and full of detail from start to finish. There was just the right amount of details; not too much to be overbearing, and not enough to say it's underdeveloped. Some might consider the story too fast-paced, but I felt it was just right. It wasn't so slow that I lost interest, and it wasn't so fast that the story was over before it began. Everything was resolved and defined by the end of the story. The idea behind the book was a new concept, and one I thoroughly enjoyed. The idea of Dark Angels, Rogue Angels, and demons fighting over the souls of innocents in the dream state. This is by far not your typical story about angels. Add in a bit of romance and it's perfect. There is not much negative that I have to say about this book.

Purgatory's Angel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Sweetp120's review? Post a comment saying so!

Sushan
2019 Reading Goal: 10
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 70
2018 Reading Goal: 10
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 230
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 247
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Sushan » 13 Jan 2019, 19:14

After reading several reviews, I am wishing to read this one. Nice and a descriptive review. Thank you 👍👍
"He has a right to criticize, who has a heart to help"

Abraham Lincoln

:techie-studyingbrown: $u$han €kanayak€ :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”