Review by k2kelliher -- Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
k2kelliher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k2kelliher.html
Latest Review: Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello

Review by k2kelliher -- Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello

Post by k2kelliher » 15 Dec 2018, 10:54

[Following is a volunteer review of "Betrayal in Blue" by Mark M. Bello.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello is the third book in a series of exhilarating thrillers. In the previous two books, we met Zachary Blake, a lawyer who turned his life around, and Jack Dylan, a well-respected, veteran officer of the Dearborn Police Department. In this novel, the third installment of the series, Dylan and his team are trying to stop a white supremacist with a bone to pick against the Dearborn PD and the town of Dearborn as a whole.

Jack Dylan and his team get news that there is a plot to release Serin gas in their town. Working with federal law enforcement agencies, a plot is formed to take them down and prevent them from obtaining the deadly gas. When they enact their plan, they take down all of the bad guys with the exception of one, the ringleader, Bart Breitbart. Dylan informs some of his team that he is going to go out on his own to find and stop Breitbart. After Breitbart's ship explodes and Dylan is found near the scene, he is now the prime suspect in Breitbart's murder and must call on his old lawyer friend Zack Blake to prove his innocence.

This novel did not disappoint. Like the first two in the series, it was a page turner! Bello has a talent of making you care deeply for the cause while being thrilling and entertaining. This novel is perfect for any fan of legal thrillers or crime thrillers. Although I have read the first two books in the series, you can enjoy this book without having read the first two. The second book did have some helpful background information for this novel, but it was not necessary to have read it.

The only thing that I didn't love about the book was that some of the legal scenes included long sections that used a lot of legal jargon and this was not always easy to understand. These were a very small portion of the book so overall it did not tempt me to take away any stars.

I gave this book 4 out of 4 stars. Like the other two books in the series, I was enthralled from beginning to end. The book was extremely well-written and professionally edited. Mark M. Bello has quickly become a favorite author of mine and I hope he continues the series with a fourth book and beyond!

Betrayal in Blue
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like k2kelliher's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”