Review by TALIA ONYANGO -- The Leading Man

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TALIA ONYANGO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-talia-onyango.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Review by TALIA ONYANGO -- The Leading Man

Post by TALIA ONYANGO »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Leading Man" by Stephen J. Blakesley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I rate the book The Leading Man by Stephen J. Blakesley at 4 out of 4 stars. The author takes you through the journey on leadership and proffers ways of sharpening leadership skills. The book is written in a positive tone. The author is positive and encourages the readers to pursue leadership.

The author has discussed leadership skills ranging from visioning, communicating, presence, motivating and crediting amongst others. Each of this skill is discussed into details in its own topic. I considered such an arrangement to be excellent. That way, the author easily passed his ideas on each particular topic. For instance, while discussing motivation, the author says that the leaders ultimate goal is to gather his followers and direct them towards an intended goal. He then proceeds to give examples of how motivation could actually improves a team productivity. That was excellent.

I loved the manner in which the author created a nexus between the various leadership qualities. His discussions made me arrive to the point that all the qualities of leadership herein are important and are interrelated. For instance, the author while discussing motivating alludes to the concept of presence. He states that motivating the followers is only possible if one commands a strong presence and could get the people to listen. Similarly, he interconnects motivating with vision. If one wants to motivate others, the vision they present must be one that captures the imagination of all his followers. Lastly, crediting of those who performed well is a good way of motivating the rest of the team. Such connection showed the importance of the all the skill he discussed.

I loved how the author concludes the discussion of his novel. He says that when the journey of leadership is worth it, then you must finally take some time and celebrate when the goal is reached. Such was an amazing conclusion. Everybody deserves to celebrate a work well done. I saw this as an acknowledgement of the cliché that too much work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. The author after his struggles in life ends up having it all.

I had no fault with the book. As a fan of inspirational novels, I loved it up to the last bit. The book is exceptionally well edited and had no errors. I hardly came across any error in the course of reading the book. I highly recommend this novel to persons of all ages. This is the type of book that could help anybody to maximize on their potential.

The Leading Man
View: on Bookshelves

Like TALIA ONYANGO's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”