Review by Sushan -- The Traveler's Best Seller

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Review by Sushan -- The Traveler's Best Seller

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Traveler's Best Seller" by Rick Incorvia.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Let me take a different approach to this review. I expect you to read this introductory paragraph with patience. I felt really compelled to include this in my review, and please pardon me if it is not much palatable.

There is a game called “Assassins Creed”. In this game, the memories of the ancestors of the player are extracted from the player’s DNA, and they are replayed, as the gamer playing as that particular ancestor. Through that process, many of the untold stories of the history are revealed. I cannot say The Traveler’s Best Seller by Rick Incorvia is inspired by this. But the similarity is undeniable.

Tim Peregrine, a history teacher in a school in Cleveland, Ohio, is diagnosed with stage four lung cancer (A cancer which has gone beyond the lungs and has affected other organs as well. It is usually incurable.). Desperately he searches for anything in the internet, and by chance he comes to know of a place that offers simulations of historical events. He joins the programme and gets first-hand experiences of lives of historical characters like Cleopatra, Mozart, etc. He uses this experience to adapt to an attractive teaching style, which becomes a real success. But what comes next is the least expected by Mr. Peregrine, as well as the reader.

This is quite a small book with only 294 pages. Out of that, the story is in first 255 pages and the rest includes first few pages of some other books of the author. The whole book is divided into 16 chapters. It is written in first-person view. Though the book is officially categorized under the genre of “historical fiction”, it can be taken as a science fiction as well. The author has included some spiritual teachings as well in certain occasions.

The story was captive from the beginning to the end. The author has an elegant way of writing. It facilitated a quick read as well. He has taken great effort in researching the historical facts and has gone to the extent of including relevant maps as well in his book. I felt more like watching a movie rather than reading a book, with the lively descriptions of the scenes as well as the surroundings.

The only thing that I disliked about this book was that it ended too soon. The spiritual lessons could have made me bored, but the author has made them short. The book was professionally edited. I found only a handful of errors, and they did not interfere with my reading experience.

I would like to recommend this to anyone who loves historical fictions. Science fiction lovers can try this one, but I must say, that this is not a typical science fiction. I would not recommend this to younger readers because of the sexually explicit content.

In a nutshell, The Traveler’s Best Seller by Rick Incorvia is a lovely historical science fiction that deserves nothing less than 4 out of 4 stars.

The Traveler's Best Seller
View: on Bookshelves

Like Sushan's review? Post a comment saying so!
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayat-paarsa.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Ayat paarsa »

So I was not wrong to say that it's all like watching a movie. You are a good reviewer.
:reading-5: @paarsa. :escribir:
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 554
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

According to your review the story of "The Traveller's Best Seller," seems to be quite engaging and thanks for giving a brief idea about the "Assassins Creed."
Sushan Ekanayake
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now

Ayat paarsa wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 08:30 So I was not wrong to say that it's all like watching a movie. You are a good reviewer.
Thank you very much for the nice comment. It encourages me. Thanks again 👍👍

- Bill Gates -

Sushan Ekanayake

Sirajuddin wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 09:18 According to your review the story of "The Traveller's Best Seller," seems to be quite engaging and thanks for giving a brief idea about the "Assassins Creed."
Thank you for stopping by for a comment 👍👍

- Bill Gates -

Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

I have read the review of the book "THE TRAVELER'S BEST SELLER". This story is about a disease of lung cancer affecting the other organs also. Thanks for a good review.
Sushan Ekanayake

Fozia-Bajwa wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 13:39 I have read the review of the book "THE TRAVELER'S BEST SELLER". This story is about a disease of lung cancer affecting the other organs also. Thanks for a good review.
Thanks a lot for stopping by for a comment 👍👍

- Bill Gates -

Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

Thanks for the detail comparison with the game, Assassin's creed. This helped to paint a better picture about the book. Thank you for your review!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Sushan Ekanayake

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 21:00 Thanks for the detail comparison with the game, Assassin's creed. This helped to paint a better picture about the book. Thank you for your review!
Thank you for the comment. I am glad that my review helped you to get a better understanding about the book :tiphat:

- Bill Gates -

Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I wonder if our hero got miraculously cured. We are all travelers in this journey called life. Some travel on a smooth highway, some on a bumpy road, others on rugged terrain; there are many other iterations. We can only hope to all get to the Destination.
Sushan Ekanayake

Miriam Molina wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 21:37 I wonder if our hero got miraculously cured. We are all travelers in this journey called life. Some travel on a smooth highway, some on a bumpy road, others on rugged terrain; there are many other iterations. We can only hope to all get to the Destination.
A good guess. Thanks for sharing your valuable thoughts 👍👍

- Bill Gates -

gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

I really appreciated the comparison you drew to Assassins Creed; it is rather similar indeed! I'm glad you enjoyed the book still. Thanks for the review!
Sushan Ekanayake

gen_g wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 22:25 I really appreciated the comparison you drew to Assassins Creed; it is rather similar indeed! I'm glad you enjoyed the book still. Thanks for the review!
I am glad that you enjoyed my review. Thanks for the kind comment 👍👍

- Bill Gates -

Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by Book Lover 35 »

Interesting introduction. Now I want to look up that game. I enjoyed this book a lot. I liked the unexpected twist near the end. Great review!
:tiphat:
Sushan Ekanayake

Book Lover 35 wrote: 14 Dec 2018, 01:09 Interesting introduction. Now I want to look up that game. I enjoyed this book a lot. I liked the unexpected twist near the end. Great review!
You will love that game. Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the comment 👍👍

- Bill Gates -

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”