Review by T_stone -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Review by T_stone -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by T_stone »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Superhighway is a science fiction book written by Alex Fayman. It contains forty-six chapters across 248 pages. It is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy. Alexander Fine is a brilliant boy at an orphanage in Los Angeles. Alex was a newborn baby when a man him dropped for Mrs. Jenkins, the administrator of the orphanage. Mrs. Jenkins named Alex after her deceased husband. At 10 years old, he had already been with two foster parents. Mr. and Mrs. Dempster his first foster parents while Mr. and Mrs. Collins were his second and last foster parents. Alex decides to put an end to his rents to foster homes at age 10.

Alex, as I mentioned earlier, is a brilliant boy with a sound mind. When he got to high school, his grades were an obsession for him. Alex believes education is his secret way to freedom. Thus, he works hard to get good results with a perfect GPA. Alex enjoys reading books on technology, people's culture, traveling and books on how the human mind works. His obsession with technology makes him fall in love with computers.

Alex shortly discovers a way to travel through a computer’s Internet cable to any destination of his choice. All he needs to do is: Google search his destination, then pull the Internet cable connected to the computer system. As long as there’s an Internet connection, Alex can get anywhere in the world. Alex got his fair share of relationships with women. He gets attracted to beautiful ladies easily but loses interest when he encounters another woman. Who doesn’t like beautiful women anyway? Alex falls in love with Eva, the girl he met in Hawaii, and things followed a bizarre turn in his life.

Superhighway by Alex Fayman provides a fascinating plot. The plot has interesting themes like love, romance, self-belief, and philanthropy. Alex grew from rags to riches, and he believed in himself. Alex is a well-developed character while others are basic and precise; they lack depth. Although the book starts slowly, it later gets fast-paced and is filled with suspense.

I like Fayman's use of straightforward language. It made reading and understanding easier. The author’s way of describing events and places is distinct. His details portray a precise picture in the minds of readers. His descriptions of Amsterdam, Hawaii and Los Angeles make me feel like I have been to those places before. His descriptions are that good. Superhighway is a book full of adventures.

I will recommend this book to readers who love adventure stories. Those that love traveling; either for business or holiday purposes, will as well like this book. A lover of good sci-fi books will enjoy reading this one because it’s not the usual teleportation stories written by many authors. Those that enjoy surfing the net will like Superhighway too. However, I will not encourage readers that are strictly sci-fi lovers to read this book because it contains romance and a few sex scenes. Readers that don’t like vulgar words and violent scenes are also advised to reconsider their decision before selecting this book to read.

There was nothing I didn’t like about this book. I give this novel a 4 out of 4 stars rating because it is professionally edited and well-proofread. It also ends with readers looking forward to reading the next book in the series because of its cliffhanger ending.

Superhighway
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like T_stone's review? Post a comment saying so!
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

I'm glad you enjoyed this book; I like that this is action-packed with a good pace. Thanks for the review!
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

gen_g wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 03:08 I'm glad you enjoyed this book; I like that this is action-packed with a good pace. Thanks for the review!
Thanks for your comment
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

Superhighway is a long book consisting of forty six chapters. You are a strong person to have read this book about an orphan boy. Thanks for your review.
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

Fozia-Bajwa wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 13:38 Superhighway is a long book consisting of forty six chapters. You are a strong person to have read this book about an orphan boy. Thanks for your review.
:D :) it's actually more than just the story of an orphan boy! Moreover, you'll finish the book in no time because it's very engaging. Thanks for your comment

Rob White
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

I have read quite a few reviews of this book and notice you have done a nice job of summarizing the main themes and character arcs. And it sounds like the author used imagery very effectively. Thank you for the engaging review.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

This is a book that I also reviewed and loved very much. Nice review. Thank you 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

Eva Darrington wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 16:30 I have read quite a few reviews of this book and notice you have done a nice job of summarizing the main themes and character arcs. And it sounds like the author used imagery very effectively. Thank you for the engaging review.

Thanks for reading and commenting on my review. I appreciate it

Rob White
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

Sushan wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 19:05 This is a book that I also reviewed and loved very much. Nice review. Thank you 👍👍
Thanks for dropping by Sushan :tiphat:

Rob White
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

I'm glad you enjoyed the book. It appears fast-paced and very engaging. Thanks for the compelling review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

Cotwani wrote: 15 Dec 2018, 10:50 I'm glad you enjoyed the book. It appears fast-paced and very engaging. Thanks for the compelling review!
Thanks for commenting. I appreciate it.

Rob White
Ijeoma Kikelomo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ijeoma-kikelomo.html
Latest Review: Visions of Prosetry, Collector's Edition II by Vèè Nelly

Post by Ijeoma Kikelomo »

Seems like a very interesting book. I like the plot. And I'm keeping an eye out for this book. Superb review.
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

Ijeoma Kikelomo wrote: 18 Dec 2018, 09:17 Seems like a very interesting book. I like the plot. And I'm keeping an eye out for this book. Superb review.
Thanks for stopping by.

Rob White
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

Alex's story sounds really interesting. It also explores some of my favorite themes. The book being well edited is also a plus. Thank you for the review.
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

prospero360 wrote: 20 Dec 2018, 09:27 Alex's story sounds really interesting. It also explores some of my favorite themes. The book being well edited is also a plus. Thank you for the review.
Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your comment.

Rob White

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”