Review by Iyhmad_ -- The Flower Girl Murder

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Iyhmad_
Currently Reading: If You Wanna Help The Poor ... Then Don't Be One Of Them
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iyhmad.html
Latest Review: The Flower Girl Murder by Keith Hirshland

Review by Iyhmad_ -- The Flower Girl Murder

Post by Iyhmad_ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Flower Girl Murder" by Keith Hirshland.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The flower girl by Keith Hirshland is a murder mystery book with a lot of suspense. With the introduction of some interesting characters, with the likes of Lancaster heart (a news reporters) and Brodie Murdoch (his girlfriend), and Marc Allen (a detective). Suddenly the body of a dead woman was found which was later identified as Daisy Burns a loving and devoted wife, brutally shoot in three places. Who would solve this mystery? Who is this brutal killer? This killer that left no clue. Which made the part of our news reporter and the detective intertwine again trying to solve the mystery.

As the storyline unfolds, I begin to imagine where it was headed and suddenly another death pops up who is behind this other death of Tanner Goochly Jr(a young drug dealer ). Is it connected with the death of the woman? The detective wondered, leaving no clue behind again making the book more interesting. I like the fact that the mystery took time to be solved the writer did not present the book like those fantasy, that by reasoning, seeing the bullet holes or by guessing the killer will be found.I also love the part that an innocent person was arrested and almost detained for the crimes he did not commit but with the help of the intelligent detective and the woman he was set free giving the detective more ways to which they can trace and get hold of the killer. The book showed the energy and the hard work the detective took to find the killer.

I rate this book a 3 out of 4 stars because there were extensive exposition of characters which took most of my time and irrelevant characters were introduced. I was expecting more romance from Lancaster and Brodie, because I love the chemistry between them.I was not expecting the book to just end with Hank Hickok killing himself and covering up the mess of the killer.

I did not rate it a 2 star because the mystery was not easily resolved and the book was wonderfully written and I did not find any mistake in the book. The book was well edited.

I recommend this book for those who love mystery and a little bit of romance and do not mind extensive introduction of characters . I suggest that those who do not like mystery, extensive and irrelevant introduction of characters and love romance should not bother.

The Flower Girl Murder
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Iyhmad_'s review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”