Review by ran345123 -- Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ran345123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ran345123.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Review by ran345123 -- Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin

Post by ran345123 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Advent Of Silver" by Atilla K. Zengin.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Advent of Silver, by Atilla K. Zengin, is interesting in the sense it weaves ideas and beliefs about heaven and hell with fantasy. The story takes place in the distant future, a place where all technology has been erased from the world. In its place magic exists, which has the potential to be just as destructive.

Throughout this first in a series of books by the author, readers are introduced to Jericho, the main protagonist in the story. Through a series of events, which are not totally his fault, Jericho finds himself imprisoned and on the wrong side of the law. Jericho is determined to rid the world of what he considers a great evil and to avenge his mother.

Although the book, Advent of Silver, by Atilla K. Zengin, was interesting, it took quite a while for the book to unfold. There was quite a lot of backstory and description at first, and it took a while for events to start unfolding. Probably the biggest drawback was the prologue, which I felt was far too long, and was more technical. It did not help draw a reader into the story and make one want to read on. It almost felt like a history lesson. Although the background was important to understand the story, it was too wordy and technical.

The characters in the story were developed, but I wish more secondary characters had been used to offer insights into the main character or other characters. Sometimes it was hard to follow their reasons or motivations for their actions. Connections to the main character were not always clear, but since this is a series it may be revealed later as the story progresses through each subsequent book. That being said, however, I found myself wanting to know what happens next. It is hard for me to quit reading until a whole story is complete.

For people who like books with action, fantasy and the classic struggle between good and evil, Advent of Silver would be ideal. There is sword fighting, magic and the struggle faced by the main character, Jericho, as he not only fights the evil within his world, but also within himself. The backstory is also interesting and allows several side plots to develop with some secondary characters.

I give this book a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. I found the concept of mixing common beliefs about heaven and with fantasy elements like magic quite compelling. The sword fighting, and action were quite entertaining and held my attention. The only drawback, as stated above, was the prologue which I found to be a bit too much like a history text. I think having some of this background unfold as the story went, would have been better.

Advent Of Silver
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ran345123's review? Post a comment saying so!
Zimall
Favorite Author: Atilla K. Zengin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zimall.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
fav_author_id: 156933

Post by Zimall »

Just finished reading and reviewing this book and loved it. Yeah the prologue was a bit long and was not interesting it was more like a history lesson like u said. I thought i had picked a wrong book but as prologue finished, i was hooked to it. Thumbs up for a good and honest review ran👍
"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"
ran345123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ran345123.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by ran345123 »

Thanks😊
Caylie_Cat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caylie-cat.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by Caylie_Cat »

This isn't my usual genre of choice, but I do love a compelling story that keeps you hooked. Great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”