Review by Zimall -- Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Zimall
Favorite Author: Atilla K. Zengin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zimall.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
fav_author_id: 156933

Review by Zimall -- Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin

Post by Zimall »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Advent Of Silver" by Atilla K. Zengin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The action of the novel takes place in 2141. A century ago, there had been a World War. The war was on its peak when an unseen power abolished all weaponry and technology that could prove helpful in war. When technology left the world, magic entered and was given to only a few people. Now there are no automobiles and guns in the world. People travel on horses and carry swords and axes as weapons.

In this peaceful world, a silver-eyed boy Jericho is rotting in the prison for committing a murder. A guy named Dantanian breaks in the jail to save him and claims to be his brother. He claims to have the same purpose as Jericho’s that is to kill his father Baal Alastor to avenge his mother and save the world from catastrophe that Baal wants to inflict upon the world. After his successful escape, Jericho finds truth about his father, Dantanian and also about himself. Will Jericho be successful in saving the world from Baal’s evil plans? What is the secret of his silver eyes? Find the answers by reading this bewitching story.

Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin is a page-turner urban fantasy that takes you to a futuristic world where there are no weapons and technology but there is magic and amazing swordplay. The book involves not only human and earth but also the angels, demons and purgatory. It is the first novel of this series and I hope the whole series would be as amazing as this one.

I loved the whole book but there was something I loved more than anything else and it was the balance between the world building and the character building. Atilla pays full attention to build a fascinating world and along with this well-built world, he also manages to create the mesmerizing characters.The way the author presented the female characters in the novel is appreciable. They are not portrayed as fragile butterflies, rather they are strong enough to make men afraid.

The author's research about names is commendable. Atilla has used names like Qareen, Ifrit, Dantanian and Jericho. All these names have links to different religions. There was nothing I disliked about this book but there was something incorrect I would like to mention. Atilla introduces a beast called Buraq from Islamic beliefs. He mentions it to be an ebony beast but according to Islamic beliefs it was white. Otherwise the entire book was enthralling. I was spellbound by the magnetizing story and captivating words. There were some errors but I am sure a reader would wholeheartedly forgive these minor typos for the amazing storyline.

I would rate this novel 4 out of 4 stars because I think this book deserves a lot of admiration for such a gripping story. I am sure the author is going to give J.K Rowling a tough competition. I would recommend this book to all supernatural, fantasy and action fans and I won't recommend it to people under 15 as the book contains gory scenes that are inappropriate for them.

Advent Of Silver
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Zimall's review? Post a comment saying so!
"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"
MalMartin
Currently Reading: Murder in Memory
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malmartin.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by MalMartin »

Wow! Saying that this author is going to give J. K. Rowling tough competition is pretty amazing. You have raised my hopes for this book! It sounds extremely interesting. Also, thank you for the research into Islamic Beliefs. I know I wouldn't have caught that. I can't wait to read it! Thanks for the review!
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

I am not a big fan of supernatural/fantasy. But the author did a commendable job. Thanks for this nice review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Zimall
Currently Reading:

Post by Zimall »

MalMartin wrote: 11 Dec 2018, 05:06 Wow! Saying that this author is going to give J. K. Rowling tough competition is pretty amazing. You have raised my hopes for this book! It sounds extremely interesting. Also, thank you for the research into Islamic Beliefs. I know I wouldn't have caught that. I can't wait to read it! Thanks for the review!
Yeah the author has an amazing writing style. Characterization was great. Hope you would love this novel too. By the way thanks for dropping a valuable comment☺
Zimall
Currently Reading:

Post by Zimall »

Sarah Tariq wrote: 11 Dec 2018, 08:06 I am not a big fan of supernatural/fantasy. But the author did a commendable job. Thanks for this nice review.
It has a lot more than fantasy and supernatural. There is a lot of action and much more. I wasn't a fan of futuristic novels but this novel made me a big fan of author. Thanks a lot for dropping a comment ☺
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 975
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Alien Bonds by Carmen Webster Buxton

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

I have read and reviewed the book as well.
I agree that the author does a good job at world-building.
Thank you for the detailed review.
Zimall
Currently Reading:

Post by Zimall »

Kajori50 wrote: 14 Dec 2018, 10:57 I have read and reviewed the book as well.
I agree that the author does a good job at world-building.
Thank you for the detailed review.
Thanks a lot for stopping by and dropping a comment Kajori☺
Taylor Danvers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-danvers.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Taylor Danvers »

The mention of Jericho and Baal makes me think this is based on religion but with all the chaos going on, I doubt it is.
:happy-cheerleaderkid: :text-feedback: :text-welcomeconfetti:
Zimall
Currently Reading:

Post by Zimall »

:cry2:
Taylor Danvers wrote: 06 Feb 2019, 21:29 The mention of Jericho and Baal makes me think this is based on religion but with all the chaos going on, I doubt it is.
It's absolutely not based on religion. The characters just have some names from different religions but the overall story isn't religious at all.
Thanks a lot for commenting Taylor 😊
BelleReadsNietzsche
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellereadsnietzsche.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by BelleReadsNietzsche »

Not my usual genre, but I admire an author who gives equal attention to world-building and character! Both are so important with fantasy and it’s subgenres. Thanks for the detailed review.
"The bitter truth we critics must face is that, in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so." -Ratatouille (2007)
Zimall
Currently Reading:

Post by Zimall »

BelleReadsNietzsche wrote: 11 Feb 2019, 02:17 Not my usual genre, but I admire an author who gives equal attention to world-building and character! Both are so important with fantasy and it’s subgenres. Thanks for the detailed review.
I also admire such authors and this author just seemed really good.
Thanks a lot for commenting Belle😊

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”