Review by Jdalba2018 -- Roadmap to the End of Days

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jdalba2018
Currently Reading: A Trace of Revenge
Bookshelf Size: 754
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jdalba2018.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Review by Jdalba2018 -- Roadmap to the End of Days

Post by Jdalba2018 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This is not a novel; it is a serious study of events in the past to let us foresee the future. Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann tries to show us how history repeats itself based on biblical and historical events following ancient rules forgotten nowadays. If you are concerned about the end of the world after all the movies and tv shows describing an apocalyptical near future, you have to read this book. If you have any problem with religion, this is not for you as it is based mostly on the Bible and other books alike.

At first I found the book a little bit confusing as there is too much information to digest from different sources such as The Seven Noahide Laws, The Torah and of course The Bible, among others. I had to read the first chapter twice but once I got in the swing of things everything went smoothly. Friedman utilizes all he can to help us understand his message including graphics, timetables, many references and appendixes.

I give it 3 out of 4 stars mostly because I feel it needs a little more depth, more historic or biblical events that help convince us of the theory of cyclical history. I am not saying it is a bad reading, on the contrary I found very interesting how events match during different eras and at the end give us an optimistic message about the future but I think it could be a little bit more detailed no matter if it had to double the size of the book.

If I have to mention something I did not like about the book it will be having to go checking on the glossary of terms and back to reading in order to better understand it, mainly because there are lots of references to it in every single page and in my case I prefer to have all the information clear.

Definitely what I like most of the book is that it gives us a message of hope and not what we are witnessing every day in the media, also, all the questions that we are left with. We are very close to the end of days but what’s next? What options do we have? What are we doing that has to be change? What can we do to help our descendants get there in the best shape?

Finally, I did not find any typo or other kind of error while reading this book.

Roadmap to the End of Days
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Jdalba2018's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”