Review by Mailis -- Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Re: Review by Mailis -- Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this is an interesting technological thriller. While the overarching plot seems a little like an action movie, the book is anything but average. This book is definitely worth a second look. Well Done.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

Thanks for an informative review on this book named as Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider, which is a technological thriller with old movies theme, and the story follows Trey, a scientist whose invention happens to make or break the world, and Sonya, who is the ex girlfriend of a biker gang. The characters in the book are either good or evil and there is no middle category which makes it quite entertaining.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
AndrewZachariah
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrewzachariah.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by AndrewZachariah »

Thank you for such an honest review. I was interested in the book when I initially read the summary; however, your review has been very helpful in my decision not to read it. I am not a fan of black and white characters, nor am I particularly interested in characters constantly dying. I do appreciate that you mentioned the author had the main character feel morally responsible for all those deaths, as that does not frequently occur in such action packed stories. Again, my thanks for your review!
ale2xandra
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ale2xandra »

The fact that this book is action packed, and that the fight-scenes are hopefully well written. You had me at "Die Hard movie script on steroids given intravenously extra dose of technological thriller juice by gallons"
Maria-Goretti Amarachi Okechi - Catherine
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catherine-amarachi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Maria-Goretti Amarachi Okechi - Catherine »

Nice review. I love the fact that this book is a mixture of technological thriller and old school action movie. I love the suspense, romance and adventures which helped the book appear very much interesting to read.
NuelUkah
Favorite Book: Heaven and Earth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 283
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nuelukah.html
Latest Review: Dibs and Dabs of my Life by Gertrude Coulter

Post by NuelUkah »

Chrome Mountain is a story of a scientist, Trey, who develops an invention that could change the world, but could also destroy it, if it gets into the wrong hands. Unfortunately, this invention attracts the most notorious terrorist group, the Chrome Falcons. What happens next?
Get your copy and find out.
If you are TOO BIG to DO SMALL things, then you are TOO SMALL to DO BIG things...

If you want to be remembered long after you are gone, WRITE books worth READING or DO things worth WRITING about...
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

Thank you for the insight on this book as I cannot always tell from the opening pages whether I would like it or not. I have to agree with you that the sample pages were quite action-packed, but the violence as you describe here is not something I wish to engage in. Great job on this, and if it's good enough to be made into a movie, then all the better.
Everything happens for a reason...
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

A fast-paced action packed book is definitely something that will keep my attention. I am curious to find out how the two protagonists resolve their respective crises. Congrats on BOTD.
Jagiine
Currently Reading: Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagiine.html
Latest Review: A Collection of Poetry by Cheree Scott

Post by Jagiine »

It's not a bad concept for a book, but I don't typically enjnoy reading my way through a fight scene, which it seems there are many of in this book. Thanks for your thoughts!
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

This kind of plot seemed ordinary and used so often so I hope the twists and turns and the action will be exciting enough to thrill fans of this genre. Too much death in a book is not for me so I will pass on this one.
Elizabeth Pass
Favorite Book: Dealing with Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #1)
Currently Reading: Reign
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bb587.html
Latest Review: COVIDinners by Katie M Zeigler

Post by Elizabeth Pass »

This book seems a little too action-packed for me. All inventions can be used in unintentional ways. The idea of moral obligations surrounding inventions has always been a fascinating topic for me.
Tars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 351

Post by Tars »

Never read anything alike this book, but it sure sounds interesting. To me plot seems quite believable - from paranoia filled destruction to desire get your hands on something potentially dangerous to use for your own gain. Will check it further to form full opinion.
Ksharmilla
Currently Reading: Going Wild
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ksharmilla.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Ksharmilla »

I feel this thriller is more violent than others and it's probably not one I want to read.
Nelsy Mtsweni
Currently Reading: The Other Side of Him
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsnel006.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Nelsy Mtsweni »

I love the cover of the book, so I would have chosen to read the book. Having read the sample and the review, l found the book to be undeniably interesting and suspenseful.I am planning on reading the whole book so that l can find out if Sonya and Troy eventually get caught by those they are running from. I liked the bit of romance between Troy and Sonya featured in this action-packed book. Thanks for the amazing review!
A day is not measured by the harvest that you collect, but by the seeds that you plant.
Seamstress
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84

Post by Seamstress »

I am afraid this is not my type of book, I will have to skip it. Sorry.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”