Review by Kajori50 -- Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 976
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Alien Bonds by Carmen Webster Buxton

Review by Kajori50 -- Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Advent Of Silver" by Atilla K. Zengin.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Advent of Silver is the first book in the fast-paced series penned by Atilla K. Zengin. Zengin crafted an action-packed dystopian science fiction with hints of romance and humour.

It all started when an unknown entity appeared in the sky, and put a stop to the Third World War. All the continents were merged into one “Super continent". Weapons of mass destruction were banned, and transportation that could facilitate war was abolished. Magic was also introduced in this new world. Almost a century later, we find our silver-eyed protagonist, Jericho imprisoned in an establishment in the southernmost part of the continent. Jericho spends his days being tortured by the memories of his mother's sacrifice, and tormented by his guards. One day, out of nowhere, a man appears, and helps him to flee. This man, known as Dantanian claims to be his brother. He informs Jericho of their father, Baal's plans of world domination. Together they set out to put a stop to this. However, everything is not as simple as it sounds. This is Jericho's journey of discovery, where he not only discovers himself, but also the truth of the world he lives in.

The best thing about this book was the characterization. All the characters in the novel were well developed. Jericho was a round character, and portrayed amazing growth. The reader could truly empathize with him. Liatha was a fiery heroine who did not defer to anyone. However, she also had a soft side. She was “the type of girl who would never rest until the crumbling world is mended back together by her own hands.”

I this this novel has a lot of potential. The third person narrative employed by the author was perfectly suitable for it. It gave the reader an insight into the various happenings throughout the book. This made way for the seamless integration of the alternate world into the main story. I have to mention that I really liked the way the author integrated humour in this otherwise serious book. The relationship between Jericho and Liatha was well developed. Their love story was sweet, and a treat to read. The dynamics between Jericho and Dantanian was crackling as well. I loved the way the novel is filled with twists and turns. I have to say that Zengin masterfully wrote the action sequences. However, they can be a tad explicit for some readers. It is noteworthy that the author did an amazing job at wrapping up the story with a tantalizing cliff-hanger.

However, the plethora of errors that I found scattered throughout the book greatly hampered my reading experience. I truly did not like the presence of the numerous grammatical errors. I believe this book needs a round of editing and proofreading.

Keeping in mind the pros and cons, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I do not think that people who do not have a tolerance for sloppily edited books will enjoy this novel. Also, this book is not for people with an aversion to explicit scenes and fantastical aspects. I recommend this book to fans of science-fiction, fantasy, and romance. Overall, this was a pretty good novel underlining the theme of hope.

Advent Of Silver
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kajori50's review? Post a comment saying so!
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

I hope that the next world war doesn't happen in real life at all, that we would see more need for peace, and that the book errors you've identified get to be rectified soon, too. Thank you for your honest review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I can't say I'm a sci-fi fan and I usually avoid dystopian novels because I find them either heart-breaking or unrealistic. However, I enjoy books with great characters that develop along the plot, as you mention. And I do have a soft spot for romance stories.
I'll be adding it to my to-read shelf. Thanks!
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Too bad about the errors, because otherwise the book seems to have all the components I look for in a good book! Thanks for the honest review, Kajori!
Kajori Sheryl Paul

Espie wrote: 04 Dec 2018, 15:40 I hope that the next world war doesn't happen in real life at all, that we would see more need for peace, and that the book errors you've identified get to be rectified soon, too. Thank you for your honest review.
Welcome. :)
We definitely do not need another World War. Thank you for your kind feedback. :D
Kajori Sheryl Paul

Lunastella wrote: 04 Dec 2018, 21:42 I can't say I'm a sci-fi fan and I usually avoid dystopian novels because I find them either heart-breaking or unrealistic. However, I enjoy books with great characters that develop along the plot, as you mention. And I do have a soft spot for romance stories.
I'll be adding it to my to-read shelf. Thanks!
Hope you enjoy reading it.
Thank you for your kind feedback. :D
Kajori Sheryl Paul

Shrabastee wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 02:24 Too bad about the errors, because otherwise the book seems to have all the components I look for in a good book! Thanks for the honest review, Kajori!
Yeah, I really found the errors to be annoying as the book was great otherwise.

Thank you for your kind feedback, Shrabastee. :D
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

I love a good character driven read. Besides this read has two sub ingredients added to make this read perfect, but it's too bad about the sloppy work. Thank you for your informative review!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Nusrat_Shabnam_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nusrat-shabnam.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Nusrat_Shabnam_ »

You have provided an honest review. I would love to read such an interesting book. Thanks! Keep up the good work!
Zimall
Favorite Author: Atilla K. Zengin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zimall.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
fav_author_id: 156933

Post by Zimall »

I recently read and reviewed this book and i was completely in love with the novel. The story, the characters, the world building, everything was amazing. Thanks a lot for a good review ☺
"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"
Sushan Ekanayake
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

I love sci-fi and this one is seemingly an interesting read. Thanks for the detailed review 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Kajori Sheryl Paul

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 09 Dec 2018, 10:14 I love a good character driven read. Besides this read has two sub ingredients added to make this read perfect, but it's too bad about the sloppy work. Thank you for your informative review!
I agree about the sloppy work part.
Thank you for stopping by. :D
Kajori Sheryl Paul

Nusrat_Shabnam_ wrote: 10 Dec 2018, 01:12 You have provided an honest review. I would love to read such an interesting book. Thanks! Keep up the good work!
Hope you enjoy it.

Kajori Sheryl Paul

Zimall wrote: 11 Dec 2018, 03:30 I recently read and reviewed this book and i was completely in love with the novel. The story, the characters, the world building, everything was amazing. Thanks a lot for a good review ☺

I agree with you about the book

Kajori Sheryl Paul

Sushan wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 14:10 I love sci-fi and this one is seemingly an interesting read. Thanks for the detailed review 👍👍

Hope you enjoy it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”