Review by Nusrat_Shabnam_ -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nusrat_Shabnam_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nusrat-shabnam.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Review by Nusrat_Shabnam_ -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Nusrat_Shabnam_ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Superhighway is a science and fantasy fiction by Alex Fayman. The concept of the book was new and outstanding. 

The book is about an orphan who has been abandoned several times in his childhood. I term a person’s childhood to be the most beautiful phase, but, with Alex, it was different. Alex’s parents left him wrapped in a rag down the street. A stranger took him to the orphanage, and thus he found shelter. Ms. Jenkins, the head administrator of the orphanage named him Alexander Fine. Around the age of 15, he discovers that he can travel through networks. And due to this ability, he creates problems in his life and others’ lives. 

I never imagined reading such a book where the author can mix the internet with fantasy. The story based on a person traveling through the internet sounds astonishing and exciting. So basically, I loved the author’s potential for producing a new concept. The characters Ms. Jenkins and the homeless man who brought Alex to the orphanage are lovable. They create a touch of goodness in the book. Besides, the Collins and the Dempsters were the negative people in the book. They were the representation of people who destroy society. So, the character development was exceptional. 

What I didn’t like about the book is that chapters felt disconnected. Alex traveled from one place to another, but it felt confusing. It felt as if he had got into a game. I didn’t understand that whatever happened after he got into the Internet was real or not?

Some monologues in the book were extraordinary. Like- 1) Once you try the good life, it is difficult to go back. 2) There was a reason for everything. These monologues are inspiring to a great extent. I think the author should write some motivational books. 

I noticed two errors in the book. One was grammatical and, another was punctuation-related. 

I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars because the errors were distracting and the book couldn’t meet up to my expectations. The book needs modification since I still have confusions. The storyline was new and perhaps that caused it to be unrelatable at some points. The first chapters were excellent but, the last ones turned boring and confusing. I suppose I have to see it again to clarify my doubts. The concept was exceptional and, thus it deserves this rating. People who love to create fantasies out of the real world should try it. Those who are a fan of the Internet should read it for sure. Those who don't have time to read it thoroughly shouldn't try it since there are confusions.

Superhighway
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like Nusrat_Shabnam_'s review? Post a comment saying so!
MalMartin
Currently Reading: Murder in Memory
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malmartin.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by MalMartin »

Thanks for the review! I actually got this book for free from Amazon before I became a member on this website. I haven't read it yet and it is still in my library. I will probably read it soon though; the internet plot line sounds interesting!
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Traveling through the internet is a truly unique concept. It's unfortunate that some potions are boring or confusing. Thanks for the insightful review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
M Zee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-m-zee.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by M Zee »

Thanks for the review! I keep hearing good things about this book!
I was born with a reading list I will never finish.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

I have read both of the books and have reviewed this one. I enjoyed your review as well. Thank you 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

It sounds an interesting book with a naive scientific plot. I would like to give it a try. Great review!
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by Book Lover 35 »

It sounds like a fun book despite the errors. I like that he travels through cable wires. Thank you for the review!
:tiphat:
Nusrat_Shabnam_
Currently Reading:

Cotwani wrote: 04 Dec 2018, 15:02 Traveling through the internet is a truly unique concept. It's unfortunate that some potions are boring or confusing. Thanks for the insightful review!
You are right about some portion being boring. Thanks for commenting!
Nusrat_Shabnam_
Currently Reading:

Book Lover 35 wrote: 07 Dec 2018, 17:13 It sounds like a fun book despite the errors. I like that he travels through cable wires. Thank you for the review!
Thanks for the comment. If you haven't read it yet I think you will love it.
Nusrat_Shabnam_
Currently Reading:

Sarah Tariq wrote: 07 Dec 2018, 01:07 It sounds an interesting book with a naive scientific plot. I would like to give it a try. Great review!
You should try it for sure. Thanks for commenting!
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

It does sound interesting, but it is a pity about the errors. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”