Review by Sirajuddin -- It's Hard to Be a Vampire

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 554
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Review by Sirajuddin -- It's Hard to Be a Vampire

Post by Sirajuddin A »

[Following is a volunteer review of "It's Hard to Be a Vampire" by Viktoria Faust.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It's Hard to Be a Vampire is a short selection of scary stories of Viktoria Faust. And the stories contained in this book are terrifying but doesn't lack the sense of humor.

The bloodthirsty vampires search for their victims in the darkness of nights; on the streets; in the woods, and they rise from the fog. And the eyes of a vampire stared her victim from the frame of a painting. A disappeared Hana still uses her refilled pen. Such terrifying characters which are beyond our imagination are restless to come out of the pages of this book; in the form of scary vampires.

There are different types of horror stories in the book, and the author used different fear-arousing elements in each story to make it a perfect horror story. The writing style of the author is so powerful that it compelled me to imagine the sequences of the horrific events of the story.

The first story of the book is about a fat girl Sandra who wants to become a vampire. One foggy night she finds a vampire in front of her house and sees him turning into a cloud of fog. She becomes curious about the vampire and asks him to help her in becoming a vampire, but the problem is her obesity. The characterization of the vampire and the climax of this story is very interesting.

There is a seen in the story The Painting Strikes Back, where a five-year-old boy stares at the painting hanging from the wall in his father's study. And the painted woman in the portrait raises her eyes and cries, the boy tries to console her, but she knows that the boy is her escape from the frame. And I liked this part of the story.

Viktoria Faust knows the art of writing horror stories, and even in the scary stories, she creates humorous characters. There are scenes in the stories with too much blood, and the description of butchered bodies which I didn't like is not a good idea.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because I didn't spot any grammatical errors or typos. The presentation of this book is professional, and definitely, I recommend this book for the fans of the horror genre.

It's Hard to Be a Vampire
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Sirajuddin's review? Post a comment saying so!
Rosebella
Favorite Author: J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Favorite Book: Queen takes Queen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosebella.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare
fav_author_id: 96867

Post by Rosebella »

I love vampire stories, so it's great that this is a collection. :techie-studyingbrown: Awesome review. :tiphat:
Books are a uniquely portable magic.
–Stephen King

There is no friend as loyal as a book.
–Ernest Hemingway

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
–Mason Cooley
:tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown: :D
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayat-paarsa.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Ayat paarsa »

Oh, I see it's a series of multi short stories, really nicely reviewed.
:reading-5: @paarsa. :escribir:
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

I like the humorous style of the author that he enacts with every other story. But the element of gore is off putting for me. Thanks for this great review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

I read many reviews on this horror-short story collection. Thanks for helping to see a different view 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”