Review by Ayat paarsa -- Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayat-paarsa.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Review by Ayat paarsa -- Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by Ayat paarsa »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Four Funny Potatoes!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Daddy doesn't tell tales and mommy says come to the kitchen baby. :( This is the heart voice of probably each child, but this is not the case with Sofia. :D As she has a lovely father like Len Foley, who tells her poems like Four Funny Potatoes. Len Foley not only tells the stories and poems but also sketches them on his iPad. He has done a fabulous work of art in this children book.

Nowadays life has become too busy and most of the fathers have made themselves busy in efforts to avail their children McDonald's French fries and burgers. So for those busy fathers, I would recommend that if you don't have enough time to tell stories then you at least can purchase or borrow some storybooks for these little angels. :angelic-pink: I saw this book and the title impressed me so much that I picked it up. And I am afraid that if your little cuties find this book on the store, they will also not let you go without buying it. The book is specifically designed for the children at preoperational stage (aging 2 -7), but all elders also start performing kiddy when it comes up to a potato story. I too picked it for my love of potatoes. In fact, it made me remind the days of my childhood when I was liar enough to say "I have a pain in my throat and I am boiling water to take steam". But there was always a potato inside the pan which I later had to eat after seasoning. I am sure there would be hardly anyone who don't like potatoes for some reason. At least for French fries, everyone is crazy. :handgestures-thumbupleft: So the title is very appealing and would catch your kids definitely. So, buddy, you can surprise them in advance before they irk you in the store. This would amaze them that you know their choice.

I find this book simply marvelous. Author has a deep sense to understand children's psyche. This book will help children in learning the counting, names of vegetables, fruits and recognizing the colors. I don't know that mommy's complain of nobody help her will reduce or little cuties will mess more instead, but they'll take interest in kitchen accessories for sure.

The author made a perfect combination of rhyming words and the way he illustrated the poem with pictures makes the book more funny and catchy. I giggled where a bean ridicules the banana saying that you resemble a yellow zucchini. A masterpiece of art, that contains 28 small pages only. :idea: That makes it easy to complete for small children. That's why I thought to share it with you people.

Only a little author has not considered the capitalization rules and jumbled the alphabets in some places. This was probably to create more fun in the captivating colorful text, for instance: BRotheRs, haRmony, BowL etc. This is why I am rating this book 3 out of 4 stars.

Four Funny Potatoes!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Ayat paarsa's review? Post a comment saying so!
:reading-5: @paarsa. :escribir:
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 554
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

Yes, I agree with you that stories play an important role in children's lives, for the development of their comprehensive skills, and more importantly the reading habit which is becoming a rarity in this period of gadgets.
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayat-paarsa.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Ayat paarsa »

Sirajuddin wrote: 04 Dec 2018, 13:46 Yes, I agree with you that stories play an important role in children's lives, for the development of their comprehensive skills, and more importantly the reading habit which is becoming a rarity in this period of gadgets.
Thanks to agree.
:reading-5: @paarsa. :escribir:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”