Review by Jacci -- Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jacci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacci.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Review by Jacci -- Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by Jacci »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Gringo" by Dan "Tito" Davis.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"Where would you go if the FBI, Interpol, and a bevy of other law enforcement agencies were after you?" This is a published memoir of Dan “Tito” Davis who is a fugitive from the United States justice system. GRINGO: My Life On The Edge As An International Fugitive by Dan “Tito” Davis with Peter Conti gently encourages happiness beyond tremendous situations. Peter Conti is a Hollywood screenwriter and actor who made Tito's script full of thrills in every scene.

Is South Dakota, USA, remains the little world for Tito as he grows up? He was taught that there was life outside his dear world. How could this boy explore the tangible world outside his birthplace? He likes wrestling as well as horse races and won many times. His career made him earned more than his father made in a year. Will his career be the key to the outside world?

One day, he was panicking on his subject at school. In fact, he was an outstanding student, but out of fear on failing grades took the advice of a friend. Is the influence of his friend will turn his world upside down? Out of a friend's advise he generated a business and it grows and grows luxuriantly. He encountered various wealthy people, and some of them became his business partners. Unexpectedly, a friend betrayed him that makes him an international fugitive of the United States of America. Is this the same friend who helps him in school?

Once you have read this book, you will become wise in choosing the right friend. I like Tito's experiences because it opens the reality of friendship which is the betrayer, friends with benefits and only a few stays loyal. His fighting-spirit of accepting diverse problems, too is one of a kind. One thing I learned from him is "never give up" for every day has its own struggle and tomorrow might bring freedom.

I experience his loneliness while he is away from home. Meanwhile, his actions towards the faithfulness of his wife make me sad. Though, I understand that everyone is subjected to sin and Tito is unexempted of it. On the way to Guatemala City, I enjoyed reading his journey when he was traveling by bus. Until now, I haven't forgotten his moment and has laughed when I remembered it. "It was such a festive atmosphere that they did not charge the new mother for an extra rider."

The book is professionally edited, without misspelled words, and it is easy to read. There are notes for unfamiliar words with a number indicates on it. However, I will not recommend this book to minors because of some scenes not suitable for them like drugs, killings and erotic scene. This book suits to adult men and women who like reading memoirs of other people. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it is well-written and the flow of the story is easy to remember even if there are many characters mentioned.

Gringo
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Jacci's review? Post a comment saying so!
:cooking: :cooking: reading while cooking is the best! :techie-reference: :lol2:
prinjeh18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prinjeh18.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by prinjeh18 »

I love to read someone's life story for there are plenty of lessons I can learn from them. Thanks.
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by Book Lover 35 »

I wonder why his friend decided to betray him. Gringo sounds like a nice character to get to know. It sounds like a entertaining story.
:tiphat:
benzharvey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benzharvey.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by benzharvey »

Book Lover 35 wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 00:08 I wonder why his friend decided to betray him. Gringo sounds like a nice character to get to know. It sounds like a entertaining story.
Me, too. Looks interesting for friendship issues. I agree on friends with benefits. They really exist almost everywhere, the sad thing is when you're trying to trust. 😥😥😥
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

Wow, this is a nice book for friendship. Thanks
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

I have read this. It was wonderful. No doubt, Tito's life was full of thrill. I think, mainly his own faults and partly wrongly chosen friends were responsible for his life dilemmas. Thanks for this nice review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Jacci
Currently Reading:

Post by Jacci »

Sarah Tariq wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 01:20 I have read this. It was wonderful. No doubt, Tito's life was full of thrill. I think, mainly his own faults and partly wrongly chosen friends were responsible for his life dilemmas. Thanks for this nice review.
You are right! Friends have a great rule in our life, but so sad only few are true and hard to find. Like Tito's experienced, only his mother who helps him start a new life.
:cooking: :cooking: reading while cooking is the best! :techie-reference: :lol2:
Bianka Walter
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

I think it's very sweet that they didn't charge the new mother for her little baby :)
Thanks for the review!
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
Jacci
Currently Reading:

Post by Jacci »

Bianka Walter wrote: 29 Nov 2018, 06:46 I think it's very sweet that they didn't charge the new mother for her little baby :)
Thanks for the review!
Pretty amazing an experience like that. 😜 I can't imagine how the bus driver handle them or maybe it's not new to them.😄😄😄
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I teach at-risk teenagers. I think they would like this book.
Julie Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Julie Green »

You make a good point about the author's loneliness away from home. It must be one of the many negative aspects of a life on the run. I read this book too and, while I had little sympathy for the author, I did enjoy his travel tales. Nice review!
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Never give up for every day has its own struggle and tomorrow might bring freedom.
I love this. Quite an apt lesson as we all face different challenges each day. Thanks for the insightful review.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Jacci
Currently Reading:

Post by Jacci »

Cotwani wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 03:37
Never give up for every day has its own struggle and tomorrow might bring freedom.
I love this. Quite an apt lesson as we all face different challenges each day. Thanks for the insightful review.
I appreciate your time reading this page..😄🍀💕
Bienn
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bienn.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Bienn »

Nice review, i will read this book as well. I can't imagine how David pass all circumstances.
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

Bianka Walter wrote: 29 Nov 2018, 06:46 I think it's very sweet that they didn't charge the new mother for her little baby :)
Thanks for the review!
I really laugh at this point.
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”