Review by Radiant3 -- The Legacy of Job's Wife

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Radiant3
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Healing Your Attachment Wounds
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radiant3.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review by Radiant3 -- The Legacy of Job's Wife

Post by Radiant3 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Legacy of Job's Wife" by Cynthia Koelker.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia J. Koelker is a work of fiction, centered on the relationship of the biblical characters Job and his wife Ix'ises. The story is told from the perspective of Ix’ises, whose life is intertwined with Job’s, from the day of her birth. When Job is five years old, he first sets eyes upon Ix'ises, when she is placed into his arms and she stares back at him. As the two grow from childhood into young adulthood, they grow close and their bond is strong.

Time passes and Job is offered a job by the magistrate. He is now drawn into the outer world and away from Ix’ises. They barely see each other, and he no longer shows any interest in her. She starts to doubt her future with him and is faced with the possibility that they will not be married. She tries but she cannot forget him. She becomes sad and feels lost. In time, her doubts are removed and they do get married. Job has grown into a very prosperous and well-known man and they are blessed in all area of their lives. Then the time comes when their faith in God is tested.

The depth of emotion between Job and Ix’ises is amazing and profound. I felt the author did an amazing job of painting a picture of what strong and powerful love is like. I liked how the author was able to show that Ix’ises was only human, she felt intense pain and suffering from the situation that unfolded. In biblical history, Job's wife always seemed to come across as cold and harsh. This book was laid out in a way that places the story of Job and Ix’ises within a relatable context. Now as a reader, one can understand the emotions of Job’s wife and her reaction to the situation.

She delved into the minds and lives of her characters with great skill and was able to create an amazing story and at the same time convey their emotions to the reader. The author was able to bring to the forefront of the story, the intangible things that hold so much importance in everyone’s life; love, forgiveness, family, faith, fear and pain. Things that are felt by all people, regardless of time, geography, race or gender. She took the story of Job and his wife and told it in a manner that any person of any time could read and empathize with.

The book seemed professionally edited. There were a few grammatical errors in the story, but they did not detract from the story or the flow of the book. The pace and momentum of the story were well timed. Even though the story was set in the biblical times, I think the author did a good job of keeping an authentic setting. Her descriptions were detailed and clear.

I found this to be an excellent book. I give it a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend The Legacy of Job’s Wife to anyone who enjoys reading human interest stories about love, faith, forgiveness and family. This is definitely an amazing and emotionally moving book. I think anyone reading this would be enthralled by it.

The Legacy of Job's Wife
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Radiant3's review? Post a comment saying so!
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

This is an interesting interpretation of the famous biblical story. I wonder how uplifting and significant this piece could be beyond mere technical book specifications. Thank you for your thoughtful review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Radiant3
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Radiant3 »

Espie wrote: 04 Dec 2018, 01:42 This is an interesting interpretation of the famous biblical story. I wonder how uplifting and significant this piece could be beyond mere technical book specifications. Thank you for your thoughtful review.
:) Thank you for your kind comments.
leanne_brown17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leanne-brown17.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by leanne_brown17 »

I think you summed it up well. It is an emotionally moving book that accurately showcases important factors in every person's life. Koelker shows us the humanity of Job's wife, making us understand the harsh words for which she is known.
"If you are not willing to be a fool, you can't become a master." - Jordan B. Peterson
Radiant3
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Radiant3 »

leanne_brown17 wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 12:32 I think you summed it up well. It is an emotionally moving book that accurately showcases important factors in every person's life. Koelker shows us the humanity of Job's wife, making us understand the harsh words for which she is known.
Appreciate your kind comments.
Eriny Youssef
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eriny-youssef.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Eriny Youssef »

I agree with you, it was definitely a beautiful and emotional read. Great review!
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Muskan Afzal-
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muskan-afzal.html
Latest Review: A Place Under the Sun by Luis Urtueta

Post by Muskan Afzal- »

Readers are encouraged to take up this book by this review. We appreciate your evaluation of this book and sharing its advantages with everyone.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”