Review by imshaima -- The Attuned by Gary B. Haley

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Seamstress
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84

Re: Review by imshaima -- The Attuned by Gary B. Haley

Post by Seamstress »

I am intrigued enough to start searching the first book, because I hate it to read story and withouy knowing what happened in prequel. I think I will enjoy it great deal!
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

This suspense novel sounds like an adventure. It sounds like this book instills bravery and hope. Congrats on the book of the day! Great review.
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

This sounds like a thrilling adventure. It's also good to know the book can stand on its own. Thanks for the recommendation.
ea_anthony
Favorite Book: Praying successfully
Currently Reading: Prisoners of Geography
Bookshelf Size: 650
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ea-anthony.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by ea_anthony »

This an enlightening review. However this reads seems to have more calories than I want right now. I will most likely KIV. I am sure this will be an intriguing when I am ready. Congrats to the author on #BOTD
Ignorance promotes divisiveness, knowledge encourages diversity. :techie-studyingbrown:
amandathebibliophile
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amandathebibliophile.html
Latest Review: Short of Love by Martin Knox

Post by amandathebibliophile »

I love a story that keeps the reader on his or her toes! Thanks for the thoughtful review.
virgino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by virgino »

The review is good but for two typos; firstly, on the fourth paragraph, 6th line from the last line; 'at' should replace 'of' in the sentence "l was extremely touched by the note from the author of the beginning...". Secondly, on the fifth paragraph, second to the last line, the 'it' before brilliant shouldn't be there.
Lar53290
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lar53290.html
Latest Review: Red Wave Imperative by Alan Schein

Post by Lar53290 »

The Attuned sounds very dangerous, and exciting. It seems very well-written, easy to read and fast paced. I can visualize everything that is happening and feel the danger that comes with working in the Middle East with people that probably don't like Americans. I feel like this will be a good book to read and find out what happens, if the author completes his mission safely and what exactly he is doing in Iran.
SummerWine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summerwine.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by SummerWine »

This sounds like a fun book to read, packed with action and adventure. If I get round to reading it, I would definitely start with the first book, even though, as you said, Attuned stands alone. However, I will put it off for now, as it is not the kind of book I'm looking for right this instance. Thanks for the review!
Tars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 350

Post by Tars »

Oh, I waited for this book so long! I read first part and liked it very much, suspense held till the end, characters were very good written and believable. I am sure this will be just as great!
Katherine Smith
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 524">Nancy Drew</a>
Currently Reading: The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe
Bookshelf Size: 504
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-smith.html
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Reading Device: B01KVZV52A

Post by Katherine Smith »

I like your review and I am a fan of the mystery genre. I like that the novel is set across different continents and countries. I also like that this is a series of which the author can expand his story with different characters and settings. The author clearly used his background and growing up as an immigrant in the United States to influence his writings.
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
bellaterrabooks
Currently Reading: On the Rez
Bookshelf Size: 256
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellaterrabooks.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by bellaterrabooks »

An action-packed adventure story filled with escapades of chance, this book is an adrenaline thrill ride. As the characters merge together from diverse backgrounds, the plot builds to a crescendo as the reader tracks the hero on his ventures. This character is able to move about the world without validation of his identity, which makes him even more mysterious. This quality increases the thrilling aspect of this rapid, haphazard, high-stakes experience given that finds himself out of certain risk frequently as he journeys throughout the narrative.
Paul78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Paul78 »

I concur with you that the book is full of suspense right from the first. But how else would a book dealing with agents of terror in their backyard? And in this case, investigating them? Thanks for your review.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1427
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Filled with action, adventure, and suspense, today's BOTD is the long-awaited sequel so many readers couldn't wait to get their hands on! It will have you on the edge of your seat, so, yes, planning to stop for a breather every now and then is a good idea! Thanks for the review!
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

I’m not really interested in the setting, but the action might make up for it. I’ll give it a try.
Seraphia Bunny Sparks
Currently Reading: Lying Lainey
Bookshelf Size: 653
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seraphia-bunny-sparks.html
Latest Review: The Undying Queen of Ur by Abraham Kawa & Arahom Radjah
Reading Device: B01J94T4R2

Post by Seraphia Bunny Sparks »

Thanks for the informative review. Your review definitely helps to fill in the gaps that the blurb leaves. I found the blurb vague and I found myself wanting more information concerning the story. Like names of characters, location and so on. Your review helps to fill in those gaps. The story sounds like it has potential and I appreciate that it can be read as a stand-alone, I think that I would prefer to read the books in order to fully know what all is going on.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”