Review by fredrick otieno -- Kennedy's Revenge

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
fredrick otieno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredrick-otieno.html
Latest Review: Kennedy's Revenge by Stephen L Rodenbeck

Review by fredrick otieno -- Kennedy's Revenge

Post by fredrick otieno »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Kennedy's Revenge" by Stephen L Rodenbeck.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Imagine living without knowing your father yet the only thing that your mother ever says about him is, "he was a great man". This is what Fitzgerald Cavendish; illegitimate son of the 35th president, J.F Kennedy had to go through, until his mother Mary Jane Scott dies. It is in an envelope that this was hidden like a treasure. At this time, Cavendish also finds a message that could expose those behind J.F Kennedy's assassination.

In this book Kennedy's Revenge: the election of 2016 by Stephen L Rodenbeck shows how Cavendish takes advantage of this new found popularity to tell Americans about the cause of the problems they are facing. The fact that he is an ex-wall street executive enables him to talk about America's issues with ease. He does not stop there, instead he goes ahead to offer solutions on how to end Americans debt (which is at about $20 trillion), illegal immigration, health crisis and even terrorism.

I was actually shocked at his view of the reason behind World War II, that is, who really started it and why. Another thing that shocked me though it is interesting was how he made clear some of the under-investigated issues in American history.

In the beginning i thought there were two parallel stories being narrated, but as i continued, i was able to connect the two into one. It was definitely the best way to execute this great conspiracy brought about by the most powerful people in the world.

It must not have been easy revealing these powerful people who have the power to decide the fate of an entire nation. I have to acknowledge Annie van, she was Cavendish’ lover and she helps him with the puzzle on who his father was, but it was unfortunate that they had to temporarily break up. Another person is Caroline Kennedy, who was very resourceful to him.

Fitzgerald Cavendish runs for the presidency in the 2016 election with a third-party, against Hillary Clinton and Jeb Bush. His dream to free America from her problem doesn't come true, but I think even that far he did a great work, his revelation must have awaken Americans and even the entire world especially on the banking system.

I really felt sorry for Cavendish because these revelations made him enemies, especially with those in top offices. If this was the way to revenge his father's assassination, the question is, did he succeed?

The plot of the book is interesting with characters properly described. This book must have been well researched since the orderly compiled historical facts are correct. This made the book enjoyable and it was easy to read too.

The book had no grammatical errors. I only noticed a few typographical errors which had no effects. I therefore choose to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend it to lovers of conspiracies, American history and politics. It will also be appealing to those who love books on money and banking system.

Kennedy's Revenge
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like fredrick otieno's review? Post a comment saying so!
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayat-paarsa.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Ayat paarsa »

The services of Mr. Cavendish to make America a debt-free state are appreciatable. Your review is helpful to understand American political history, that means you did a good job.
:reading-5: @paarsa. :escribir:
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

This is not up my alley, but I am glad you enjoyed it. Great review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

This seems like a great book that offer solutions to America's problems. Great review!
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I'm not a big history buff, but this does sound intriguing.
Hiruni Bhagya 81
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiruni-bhagya-81.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Hiruni Bhagya 81 »

You piqued my curiosity about this book with your review. I think reading this will be a great way to learn about what happened in that time period since it's well researched and the historical facts are correct. Also, the way the author has written it makes it even more desirable. So, I'll definitely be reading this book and thanks a lot for the wonderful review.
Fu Zaila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1067
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Fu Zaila »

This book and its main character sound very ambitious in trying to solve America's problems! I'm glad you enjoyed the book. Your review has got me curious about the particular facts regarding the (shocking?) reason behind World War II? Hmm, I'm even ready for spoilers here :P Thank you for your review!
supernatural143
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-supernatural143.html
Latest Review: The Killers Ruse by Darrin Friedman

Post by supernatural143 »

Books about conspiracies, American history, politics, and money and banking system appear too educational for me. I'm truly glad, you enjoyed reading this book. I remember way back when I was still studying, I used to feel so sleepy in my History teachers' discussions.
Erin Painter Baker
Favorite Book: Among Others
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esp1975.html
Latest Review: Luke and Luka: Genius Kid Heroes by A.D. Largie

Post by Erin Painter Baker »

Normally when I read alternative history books, they are books where the historical change was long ago (Civil War era or earlier). This one is so recent, that I was actually a little confused by your review and had to go look up the book on Amazon to verify that it was, in fact, a fictional, alternative history, novel.
I think making the main character an illegitimate child of JFK is definitely an angle that helps aid in the suspension of disbelief. And once disbelief is suspended, it makes it really easy to bring in conspiracy theories and make them facts of the world the author is creating.
This sounds like a really interesting book. I don't know if I will read it, but I am glad to know it exists. Thank you for your review.
shravsi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Crime and Punishment
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shravsi.html
Latest Review: Sam the Chosen by Wally Jones

Post by shravsi »

This seems a great book. Feels like a movie plot truly. Your review made me want to read the book. It always helps to listen to different perspectives in this case about America's political history.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”