Review by Bavithra M -- The Traveler's Best Seller

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Bavithra M
2018 Reading Goal: 10
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 80
Currently Reading: Inspirience: Meditation Unbound
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bavithra-m.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Review by Bavithra M -- The Traveler's Best Seller

Post by Bavithra M » 21 Nov 2018, 04:29

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Traveler's Best Seller" by Rick Incorvia.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Traveler’s Best Seller is a historical fiction novel written by Rick Incorvia. This book revolves around the life-ending journey of a history teacher named Tim Peregrine who is diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. This book contains sixteen chapters narrating about Tim Peregrine's experience about time travel and his battle against death.

Tim Peregrine is a divorced, middle-aged, high school history teacher. He has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. Tim wants to spend his last few days of life by inspiring his students and by changing his method of teaching. He accidentally finds a time travel company through which he meets Cleopatra, Mozart, and George Washington and narrates the students about his experience with them. The students enjoyed his new teaching style and Tim becomes popular among the students and teachers in the school. The rest of the story talks about how Tim Peregrine gets cured of his cancer.

The best part of the book is that it has a unique and interesting storyline. In this book, Tim Peregrine’s character was developed and layered well. The scenes relating to time travel were very realistic and interesting. The historical events were portrayed very beautifully by the author. I appreciate the author for providing the readers with information about historical events. I liked the climax of the story, the sudden twist in the story was unpredictable and quite interesting. Above all, I appreciate the author for providing important life lessons about death, love, self-esteem and self-confidence to the readers while narrating the journey of the protagonist.

Though, I enjoyed reading the book it failed to meet my expectation that it created in the beginning. The author could have added a lot of adventure to the story, taking advantage of the time travel concept. Few chapters in the book were very vague and lengthy which made it feel bored and lose interest in finishing the book.

I rate the book, The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia 3 out of 4 stars as this book has not been professionally edited. There are too many typos in the book, some examples are “Ven” instead of “When” and “Dat” instead of “That”. There were too many grammatical and punctuation errors throughout the book which interrupted the flow of reading. This book requires another round of proofreading because of its editorial issues. I recommend this book to those people who are fighting against low self-esteem as this book will give insights about self-confidence.

The Traveler's Best Seller
View: on Bookshelves

Like Bavithra M's review? Post a comment saying so!
---

Espie
Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 12
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 25
2018 Reading Goal: 12
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 116
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Espie » 23 Nov 2018, 07:39

The book's title, cover, and plot seem interesting. I am yet to grasp, though, how the rest of the story and its message tied up with everything else. Thank you.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs

melissy370
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 94
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by melissy370 » 24 Nov 2018, 19:02

It is too bad the author didn't put in more "umph" into the story. Time traveling should be adventurous, especially if you're meeting Cleopatra. I have sampled Incorvia's writing before and wasn't a fan, so I would pass on this one. Thanks for your review.

Shrabastee
2019 Reading Goal: 30
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 26
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 185
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 332
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by Shrabastee » 26 Nov 2018, 02:28

I never realized from the book title that it was a time travel story. I am great fan of this genre, but the lack of a bit more adventures seems to be a put-downer to me. Thanks for the insightful review!

Bavithra M

Post by Bavithra M » 20 Dec 2018, 09:42

Shrabastee wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 02:28
I never realized from the book title that it was a time travel story. I am great fan of this genre, but the lack of a bit more adventures seems to be a put-downer to me. Thanks for the insightful review!
Yes there is a lack of adventure in the book. It is the main drawback of the book
---

Bavithra M

Post by Bavithra M » 20 Dec 2018, 09:43

melissy370 wrote:
24 Nov 2018, 19:02
It is too bad the author didn't put in more "umph" into the story. Time traveling should be adventurous, especially if you're meeting Cleopatra. I have sampled Incorvia's writing before and wasn't a fan, so I would pass on this one. Thanks for your review.
I did feel the same.
---

Bavithra M

Post by Bavithra M » 20 Dec 2018, 09:44

Espie wrote:
23 Nov 2018, 07:39
The book's title, cover, and plot seem interesting. I am yet to grasp, though, how the rest of the story and its message tied up with everything else. Thank you.
Thank you for the reply Espie.
---

Ayat paarsa
2019 Reading Goal: 15
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 53
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayat-paarsa.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Ayat paarsa » 20 Dec 2018, 23:24

Bavithra M wrote:
21 Nov 2018, 04:29
[Following is a volunteer review of "The Traveler's Best Seller" by Rick Incorvia.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Traveler’s Best Seller is a historical fiction novel written by Rick Incorvia. This book revolves around the life-ending journey of a history teacher named Tim Peregrine who is diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. This book contains sixteen chapters narrating about Tim Peregrine's experience about time travel and his battle against death.

Tim Peregrine is a divorced, middle-aged, high school history teacher. He has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. Tim wants to spend his last few days of life by inspiring his students and by changing his method of teaching. He accidentally finds a time travel company through which he meets Cleopatra, Mozart, and George Washington and narrates the students about his experience with them. The students enjoyed his new teaching style and Tim becomes popular among the students and teachers in the school. The rest of the story talks about how Tim Peregrine gets cured of his cancer.

The best part of the book is that it has a unique and interesting storyline. In this book, Tim Peregrine’s character was developed and layered well. The scenes relating to time travel were very realistic and interesting. The historical events were portrayed very beautifully by the author. I appreciate the author for providing the readers with information about historical events. I liked the climax of the story, the sudden twist in the story was unpredictable and quite interesting. Above all, I appreciate the author for providing important life lessons about death, love, self-esteem and self-confidence to the readers while narrating the journey of the protagonist.

Though, I enjoyed reading the book it failed to meet my expectation that it created in the beginning. The author could have added a lot of adventure to the story, taking advantage of the time travel concept. Few chapters in the book were very vague and lengthy which made it feel bored and lose interest in finishing the book.

I rate the book, The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia 3 out of 4 stars as this book has not been professionally edited. There are too many typos in the book, some examples are “Ven” instead of “When” and “Dat” instead of “That”. There were too many grammatical and punctuation errors throughout the book which interrupted the flow of reading. This book requires another round of proofreading because of its editorial issues. I recommend this book to those people who are fighting against low self-esteem as this book will give insights about self-confidence.

The Traveler's Best Seller
View: on Bookshelves

Like Bavithra M's review? Post a comment saying so!
I agree with you that the book was not well edited, and was waiting for someone to say this. Finally I got it, otherwise everyone was rating it full four stars; that was really confusing to me. Thanks for a wonderful review.
:reading-5: @paarsa. :escribir:

Bavithra M

Post by Bavithra M » 20 Dec 2018, 23:29

Thank you for your appreciation Ayat.
---

Ayat paarsa
2019 Reading Goal: 15
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 53
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayat-paarsa.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Ayat paarsa » 21 Dec 2018, 02:21

Bavithra M wrote:
20 Dec 2018, 23:29
Thank you for your appreciation Ayat.
You welcome :D
:reading-5: @paarsa. :escribir:

Helen_Combe
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 150
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: A Twisted Wisdom by Stephanie Colbert
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe » 02 Jan 2019, 12:46

It sounds like a history lesson made into an adventure to make it accessible for learners. I’m not sure what age group it’s aimed at though.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.

sarahmarlowe
2019 Reading Goal: 70
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 15
2018 Reading Goal: 70
Favorite Book: One Second After
Currently Reading: The Sparrow
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarlowe.html
Latest Review: The Memory Palace by Barbara Milman
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sarahmarlowe » 02 Jan 2019, 17:51

Thank you for your review! This sounds like a good read, and I may give it a try. The only thing holding me back is your saying that some of the chapters are boring.

About the typos: Are they consistent throughout the book, or are they in character conversation? I'm wondering if the author might have been attempting to write with dialect?
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:

Bavithra M

Post by Bavithra M » 02 Jan 2019, 22:40

The typos are consistent throughout the book sara
---

Bavithra M

Post by Bavithra M » 02 Jan 2019, 22:41

Helen_Combe wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 12:46
It sounds like a history lesson made into an adventure to make it accessible for learners. I’m not sure what age group it’s aimed at though.
That's True
---

Cotwani
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 6
2018 Reading Goal: 200
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 10
2017 Reading Goal: 200
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Cotwani » 03 Jan 2019, 23:08

Its amazing how much we can get done when we realise we have only a short time left to accomplish anything. Mediocracy and procastination as Tim discovered truly hold from giving our best! Thanks for the great review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”