Review by Vero_Kish -- Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vero_Kish
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vero-kish.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Review by Vero_Kish -- Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Vero_Kish »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Heartaches by H. M. Irwing is one of the greatest romantic novels I have ever read. It is a story about two lovebirds brought together by their pains and suffering. They have both suffered a great deal of pain. The stories of their lives are somewhat similar. They find out that they were both sexually assaulted and had to fight their assaulters in one way or the other. Their need for justice, their pain, and their love for each other are what binds them together. However, the book ends in suspense with readers wanting to know what happens next to the lovebirds.

The book has a perfect mix of romance, lust, pain, and love. This is typical of everyone’s life, and thus I found it very likable. Despite it being a fictional book, it expresses what most people go through in their life which is excellent. It keeps the reader glued to the pagers until the end. It focuses on people’s quest for justice, acceptance, love, and vengeance things that are practical and particular to the day to day life.

The book focuses on sexual assault and the quest for justice. Anna and Rafe have both been sexually assaulted. They continue to suffer at the hands of their oppressors with no one coming to their rescue. They try seeking justice for crimes committed against them. However, no justice is served even after filing assault charges against their oppressors. However, something is bound to change.

It is very easy to relate with what happens to Anna and Rafe in the book. It is evident that not all people get justice. It is also apparent that some people in the world are somehow above the law. However, something happens along the way, and everyone gets the justice they desire. Hopefully, this is what happens in the other second book where this story continues. Anna and Rafe get justice while their assaulters get what’s coming to them. There is so much suspense at the end of the book. As a reader, I can only speculate on what might happen. I am eagerly waiting to read the next book.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. It is a fantastic book for those that like reading romantic novels. The book was exceptionally well edited. Adults that love romantic stories will find the book very interesting and enjoyable. However, children should not be allowed to read this novel. It has some parts with sexual scenes explained in details and thus not appropriate for children.

Heartaches
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Vero_Kish's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”