Review by yoda4ever -- If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Out...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
yoda4ever
Favorite Book: Fervent
Currently Reading: Belgravia
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoda4ever.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Review by yoda4ever -- If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Out...

Post by yoda4ever »

[Following is a volunteer review of "If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts by Mark L. Wdowiak motivates the reader to become successful in life by first letting go off excuses such as "yeah, but". He compares "yeah, but" to "having your head up your butt", this humorous analogy makes a clear point; You are not getting anywhere by making excuses.

The author uses a relatable conversational tone. He does not sugarcoat it but tells it as it is.You create your own life so if you don't like where it's going then it is up to you to change it. In order to be successful, you must first take responsibility for your life. He asks you to initial after each chapter so you can hold yourself "accountable" later on.

Mark is 64 years old and discusses events in his life and how the choices he made has shaped him into the person he is now. He was inspired by renown author, Zig Ziglar and after being exposed to his teachings, his way of life totally changed. He was now able to see that his old way of thinking was the reason why he was not successful. He believes to be successful, you must first find your own definition of success. You need to answer two important questions: " What do you want to see more of in your life?" and " What are you willing to do to get what you want?"

Mark describes successful living as simple as the concept of learning how to crawl, walk and run. You need to take the steps in the proper order to succeed.The three areas of critical consideration are: taking responsibility for yourself (crawling), taking control over your thinking (walking) and taking action on your behalf (running). He devotes a section for each area with several chapters with more detailed explanations and motivational stories and quotes.

I thought this book was very honest as well as applicable to my life. I agree that to be successful you need to stop making excuses and "be willing, able, committed, and prepared. Sometimes I tend to take the easy way out and just make excuses but not get committed to changing in order to be successful at what I want to accomplish. I really liked the quote " you need to get inspired to do something, or you will expire having done nothing!" This challenges me to do something about my life. I am awarding this book 4 out of 4 stars because it was clear, concise and to the point. It was very inspirational and thought-provoking. I believe it will appeal to those who are looking to make some changes in their lives in order to succeed in their career as well as in their relationships.

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like yoda4ever's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”