Review by madin3 -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
madin3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madin3.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Review by madin3 -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

Post by madin3 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks is a book written by Dr. Morton E. Tavel, a retired physician with a specialty in internal medicine and cardiovascular diseases. It contains recommendations and tips that can help people become informed consumers and not fall into the traps of scammers and businesses that use false advertising to sell their products. It warns against companies that take advantage of misinformed and desperate people who are looking for miraculous cures for their ailments.

When conventional medicine fails to provide a cure for a given illness, some people look for alternative ways to deal with their health problems. People may seek products and practices that are not backed by science to find improvement for their health or relief from their pains. Some unethical companies motivated mainly by quick profits push for the sale of products that were not sufficiently tested to determine their long-term effects. The results of using untested health products can be sometimes dangerous and lead to new or more severe health problems.

A large number of companies sell products that have not been supported by science or that produced inconclusive results when tested. The companies use the lack of research or the manipulation of research data to their advantage to promote and sell their products. All these unethical sale practices led to a culture of mistrust and confusion. Dr. Tavel in his book, Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks, tries to reestablish more trust in the profession of medicine. He attempts to separate real medicine from the unscrupulous practices of some organizations that care more about rapid profits and less about the dangerous consequences their products can have on the consumers.

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks is an interesting book to read. It gives the perspective of a health professional who is familiar with current health issues and who knows about the tricks that companies use to sell their products. The book exposes the misleading and ambiguous claims used by different companies to increase their sales. It aims to provide the reader with the necessary information to avoid the traps of false advertising.

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks is a well-written book. It gives valuable health advice and contains a lot of tips that can help people avoid spending money on useless products. It also offers cheap alternatives to expensive products that can produce the same results. I give Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend the book to people who want to become more informed about health products and their use and make the right choices when it comes to their health.

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like madin3's review? Post a comment saying so!
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 675
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

I agree with you. Majority today seek products and practices that are not approved scientifically and the results aren't pleasant. The narrative seem to have an interesting and useful health tips. I will add the book to my want to read shelf on my bookshelf. Awesome review.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
madin3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madin3.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by madin3 »

Thank you for your feedback.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Post by Anthony__ »

I agree with your point. I equally read this book, Everybody just wants to make profit, irrespective of the damage they might cause through selling fake product.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”