Review by Quinto -- Roadmap to the End of Days

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Review by Quinto -- Roadmap to the End of Days

Post by Quinto »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann just turned out to be a book I have always wanted to read. This is because I didn’t even realize I had a latent need for its content until I got engrossed. And reading the book description beforehand hadn’t made this apparent. As the adage goes, proof of the pudding is in the eating, you just got to read this novel to clearly appreciate what I am talking about, though of course, I’ll try my best to bring out this point in my review.

The Holy Scriptures narrates the following story which I am in turn quoting verbatim from Daniel’s novel. “Amalek came and attacked the Israelites at Rephidim. Moses said to Joshua, ‘Choose some of our men and go out to fight the Amalekites. Tomorrow, I will stand on top of the hill with the staff of God in my hand.’ So, Joshua fought the Amalekites as Moses had ordered, and Moses, Aaron, and Hur went to the top of the hill. As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning.” Additionally, there is this other quote from the novel as well: “Right at the beginning, when there was only one commandment to obey, Adam failed to do so. Had he obeyed it for three more hours, until the end of Day 6, the Cosmic Purpose would have been fulfilled.”

The above quotations are part of the arguments advanced by Daniel to build his plot. Taking the latter quote, for example, he expounds on it by saying “Adam’s activities on Day 6 and the Hebrew alphabet can both help us explore the future.” And then there is the issue of Amalek. Firstly, Amalek was originally the grandson of Esau, one of the two sons of Isaac – son of Abraham. However, he has come to represent “a nation whose purpose is to maintain the separation between the Divine and "this world." Every time we are close to achieving the Cosmic Purpose, the nation of Amalek (still in existence at present in various forms) attacks. The words "Cosmic Purpose" in his book mean “making the physical world a dwelling place for God,” and which is the ultimate goal of "End of Days" (end of time, last days or eschaton).

So, for me, the issue of Amalek and considering the excellent scientific and other surmised reasoning advanced by the author helped to answer a lingering question I have always had concerning the last days. I often wondered why since yore there always arose some people saying the end is nigh and yet here, many years later, we are still in existence. A simple justification as to why the author strongly feels we have the answers to the issue of "timeline" is because we are made in "the image of God." He then goes ahead to eloquently state his case concerning events and their timing using a blueprint or "pattern of the timeline based on the channels of Divine energy, the sefirot."

Excellence in research work can create great pacing in a book. Some of the sources of information the author has referenced from (other than the Holy Bible that is) include the Talmud (central text of mainstream Judaism in the form of rabbinic discussions), and some great Rabbinic (Rabbi is a Jewish title for a scholar or teacher) figures, like Bar Kokhba - also referred to in the Talmud as "Head of all the Sages." One such reference goes like this "Talmudic sages teach that 'God looked into the Torah and created the world.'" Moreover, the author is an expert in his own right. He is the author of the Inspired Studies Series of which this book is his third. The other two being Book One: The Genesis One Code and Book Two: The Broken Gift.

In summary, the author employs effectively, a frank tone to pass his message across. One will be hard-pressed to find anything subjective in this work. Additionally, the editing is excellent. I found only four minor errors comprising a misplaced word, missing word, typo error and a missing comma. This is an exceptional piece of work that touches on human existence. I recommend it to all and sundry to check it out. As stated earlier, at the onset, I didn't even realize how much potential it had as a transformative book until I started reading it. For this reason, I highly recommend it for people who are looking for some well-researched and balanced End of Days literature. It will also be a great read for scholars and students in religious studies. To conclude, because it is well researched, answered my lingering questions, and has an almost flawless editing, I rate it without any reservations 4 out of 4 stars.

Roadmap to the End of Days
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Quinto's review? Post a comment saying so!
Uinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uinto.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Uinto »

I like your review on this very controversial topic. It's something worth pondering about.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

Uinto wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 10:02 I like your review on this very controversial topic. It's something worth pondering about.
Thanks, Uinto for your kind comments.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”