Review by Book Lover 35 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Review by Book Lover 35 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Book Lover 35 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Super Toni! In the book, Toni The Superhero, you are introduced to a real superhero. It was written by R.D. Base. It is illustrated by Debbie Hefke.

Toni is a young boy, who is also a superhero. He enjoys staying active and helping others. He also likes to help animals, especially when they get stuck inside of trees. Toni is dressed in a superhero costume. He will show you what he likes to do for fun, how he likes to help his mom, and what he does to relax.

This book was fun to read. The front cover and the pages were all bright and colorful. Toni looks happy and cheery. He always has a bright smile on his face. There is a lot of detail inside the pages. Some of the pictures include him flying in the sky, jumping around at the playground, and helping his mom with the dishes. My favorite picture was when Toni was sleeping. He looked so peaceful with his cape hanging off of his bedpost. It looks really sweet. The book is full of simple and easy to read sentences. All the words are easy to understand. The story is perfect for any child that is beginning to read.

There are many lessons children can learn from this story. They may learn that it is fun to play outside and explore. Children can be persuaded to help with chores around the house, and also be encouraged to eat healthy foods. Kids can learn ways to relax by coloring, reading, or getting lots of sleep at night. This story shows kids that they can also be superheroes too.

I would only make a couple of changes to the story. There is a picture of Tony reading near a stack of books outside. While he is reading it looks like he's saving a cat from a tree. How is he suppose to save a cat when he is concentrating on a book? There should be two separate pictures. One picture should have him saving a cat, and the other one where he is reading. There is also a page that talks about how he likes to swim. I would of had a picture of him swimming, instead of him sitting on the side of a pool.

I didn't notice any grammar errors. The book was very well written. I would give this story 4 out of 4 stars. I think young children would enjoy this story. Older children might want a book that is a little harder to read. Teacher may also like reading this book inside of classrooms. I'm glad I had a chance to learn about Toni. I hope a lot of children enjoy this book.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves | on Smashwords

Like Book Lover 35's review? Post a comment saying so!
:tiphat:
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Yes, Toni was an amazing character. I also found the picture of him rescuing a cat stuck up a tree (ironic, right!?) while he was engrossed in a book a bit awkward. You are right to recommend they split it. Great review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:

Post by Book Lover 35 »

Cotwani wrote: 17 Nov 2018, 16:21 Yes, Toni was an amazing character. I also found the picture of him rescuing a cat stuck up a tree (ironic, right!?) while he was engrossed in a book a bit awkward. Yaou are right to recommend they split it. Great review!
I don't know why the author blended it like that. Thank you. Thanks for the comment!
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

I could see that this book is out to serve a message. That is, us kids could be a superhero in the household. (I'm still a kid, loves to think so) Nice review.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:

Post by Book Lover 35 »

ReyvrexQuestor Reyes wrote: 17 Nov 2018, 20:48 I could see that this book is out to serve a message. That is, us kids could be a superhero in the household. (I'm still a kid, loves to think so) Nice review.
I wonder if this book will encourage my kids. Thank you for the comment!
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

The fact that the book holds a moral makes it a great read for children. Tony is indeed an interesting character. Nice review!
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:

Post by Book Lover 35 »

Rosemary Khathibe wrote: 18 Nov 2018, 07:34 The fact that the book holds a moral makes it a great read for children. Tony is indeed an interesting character. Nice review!
Thank you. Thanks for the comment.
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

A good children's book that encourages them to be helpful, play outside and eating good food. Generally, it helps their morals. Good review.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:

Post by Book Lover 35 »

T_stone wrote: 18 Nov 2018, 10:40 A good children's book that encourages them to be helpful, play outside and eating good food. Generally, it helps their morals. Good review.
You can't go wrong with this book. Thank you for the comment!
gen_g
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

I'm glad that you enjoyed this book; it seems like a great resource for children. Thanks for the review!
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:

Post by Book Lover 35 »

gen_g wrote: 18 Nov 2018, 23:01 I'm glad that you enjoyed this book; it seems like a great resource for children. Thanks for the review!
It's does. Thank you for the comment!
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

I have read about this book previously, when it appeared as BOTD. Well written review. Thank you 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Nusrat_Shabnam_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nusrat-shabnam.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Nusrat_Shabnam_ »

I have read the previous reviews of the book and I think Toni is a great hero. Great review! Keep it up!
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

It appears that Toni is a superhero who can multitask, LOL! I also reviewed this book and enjoyed the pictures. At my age, I still honestly enjoy children's books.

Wouldn't it be great if kids will be encouraged to help in the house?
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:

Post by Book Lover 35 »

Sushan wrote: 19 Nov 2018, 01:52 I have read about this book previously, when it appeared as BOTD. Well written review. Thank you 👍👍
Thank you. Thanks for the comment!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”