Review by acremer -- The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ashley Cremer
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-cremer.html
Latest Review: Shot Down by Steve Snyder

Review by acremer -- The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Ashley Cremer »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Reel Sisters, a novel by Michelle Cummings, is a story of friendship, love, despair, and how they all mix together. The novel follows five friends, all women, on their adventures through life. These women are all very different. They range in age, ethnicity, culture, and lifestyle. Although very different, they all enjoy the sport of fly fishing and make it a point to get together several times a year to fish. The girls are able to bond through their sport and through spending time together and they constantly help each other through the woes of life. Throughout the book, the reader uncovers intricate details about every main character and is taken on a journey through the lives of these women. The Reel Sisters is a story about growing together and growing apart. It is a story about knowing when to set the hook, knowing when to net, and sometimes, knowing when to release as well.

Michelle Cummings tells an amazing story through vivid imagery and superb writing. Her technique is flawless and she is able to draw the reader in from the very beginning of the novel. At first glance, this book appears to be about the sport of fly fishing, but upon reading this novel you learn that there is so much more hidden in its pages. Cummings uses description and emotion on every page to fully support the reader in their journey throughout this book.

This novel is by far the best book that I can remember reading. I have no problem at all rating it a 4 out of 4 stars. Honestly, if there was a higher rating, this book would deserve it. I loved the character development, the storyline, and the overall concept. This book took me on the biggest emotional rollercoaster. I loved every minute of reading this book and at the end I didn’t want it to be finished. There was absolutely nothing that I didn’t like about this book. It was perfection. As so, I would never consider rating it below the top rating available.

I did not find many errors in this book. Even if there were a few errors, the story line is so engrossing that they are not detractors at all. The book definitely appeared to have been professionally edited.

This book would appeal to anyone who is interested in the outdoors, especially fishing. This book would also be good for anyone looking to read a fascinating novel about friendship and what it can sustain. There is no one that I can think of that this book would not appeal to.

Overall, this book definitely made my favorite books list. This will probably be one of those novels for me that I will repeatedly re-read when I have a long weekend. It was absolutely fantastic and I cannot praise it enough.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like acremer's review? Post a comment saying so!
Keevan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keevan.html
Latest Review: Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer

Post by Keevan »

I'm not sure if this book is for me because of the topic of fly fishing. However, I do know a bit about sustainable friendships and their importance.

Good job on your thorough review.
Ashley Cremer
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-cremer.html
Latest Review: Shot Down by Steve Snyder

Post by Ashley Cremer »

Thank you! And I wondered the same thing about the fly fishing, but the books overall theme of friendship made it so worth it!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”