Review by gfowle -- Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
gfowle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gfowle.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Review by gfowle -- Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Post by gfowle »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Superhighway 2" by Alex Fayman.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Alex Fayman’s novel, Superhighway 2, continues the saga of Alex Fine, begun in Superhighway. Alex has the unique ability to travel through the internet to any destination on the globe, as well as the ability to store and manipulate data stored in the internet. This novel picks up where Superhighway left off, with Alex’s fraud recently discovered by a prominent member of the Russian mafia, from whom Alex had stolen a significant amount of money. Fortunately, Alex uses his powers to escape from a surprise ambush, but he is then faced with the more complicated problem of creating a new identity for himself.

After some personal consideration, and an in-depth re-examination of his life up to this point, Alex chooses to fake his own death and marry a woman he has only just me. Twelve years later, Alex becomes a father and finds himself dealing with the same problems that plagued his own parents when he was born, many of which must be resolved to protect both Alex and his son.

Overall, I did not find this novel particularly engaging or interesting. I enjoyed the first book in this trilogy and was intrigued to see how the story of Alex Fine would continue in this second novel. Unfortunately, most of the conflicts left unresolved in the first novel were addressed within the first chapters of this book, and then the story skipped ahead several years, leaving the previous plot and struggle of Alex behind. In addition, I found certain scenes unnecessarily vulgar and not in keeping with the tone of the majority of the book.

Although I generally disliked this novel, it did provide an action-packed continuation to the story of Alex Fine. The character development and the fast-paced nature of the plot were also both positive aspects of the novel.

Overall, I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. While I was dissatisfied with the novel, those who are interested in more of Alex Fine’s adventures or are fans of action novels might enjoy this book. Readers who are searching for a science fiction or action novel might be interested in this novel, however, readers who are searching for a satisfying follow-up to the first book in the trilogy will likely not be satisfied. In addition, there is very heavy drug use portrayed in this book, as well as one particularly explicit and vulgar sex scene, and I would not recommend this book to readers sensitive to such topics.

Superhighway 2
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like gfowle's review? Post a comment saying so!
Juliana_Isabella
Currently Reading: Modern Death
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliana-isabella.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Juliana_Isabella »

Great review! I read and reviewed the first book in the series, which I didn't like, and I don't think I'll be reading this one based on your review. The idea of more time jumps and poor decisions from the main character isn't what I was looking for in a sequel.
Delaney35
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delaney35.html
Latest Review: Lingering Poets by Logan Lamech

Post by Delaney35 »

I read the first one and don't want to read this one at all. Excellent review though.
spencermack
Favorite Book: A Loaf Of Bread
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spencermack.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by spencermack »

Sounds interesting but probably not worth the time to invest in the series! Great review!
Spencer Mack

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”