Review by Franc93 -- Yesterday by Samyann

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Franc93
Currently Reading: Demon
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-franc93.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black
Reading Device: 1400697484

Review by Franc93 -- Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Franc93 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Yesterday" by Samyann.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How many believe in life after death? Do you yearn for a narrative unlike most? If you answered on the affirmative then despair no further.Yesterday by Samyann is a love story with both historical and spiritual elements that will surely keep one at the edge of his/her seat. The first concept that grabbed my attention and had me in awe was the cover art in which The city of Chicago is being consumed by flames in the background. In a way, it warns you of the fiery story that dwells in its pages. Amanda Parker and Mark Callahan are the main characters of Yesterday Who out of the blues, bump into each other and notice there exists an innate, instinctive attraction between them that they can not really explain. Due to curiosity and insistence by Mark, they agree to enlist the help of one who specializes in hypnotherapy to assist in solving the riddle. They soon find out an astonishing secret that might either bring them closer together or tear them apart.

Furthermore, this offprint seems to dwell on the assumption that, reincarnation and fate are fundamentals that exist and influences us in various ways. One thing I really enjoyed is how the author used extensive writing styles like imagery to bring forth an immersive piece, therefore, resulting in the mini-plot lines were in harmony with each other. Lots of books with subjects that comprise transmigration and mesmerism tend to be confusing to the reader. Yesterday is not most books. The romance, mystery, and thrill tend to gracefully sizzle as one flips through the pages. In some instances capturing the full attention of the reader and leaving them at the mercy of sweaty palms and a pounding heart. It is a novel a greater number of couples can indeed relate to, as it encompasses values such as patience, forgiveness, and tolerance. Important aspects that define long-lasting social relations.

In my perspective, this publication deserved a solid 3 out of 4 stars.The writing and editing are quite up to par, but I did find occasions where I felt there were unbelievable conflicts. Mark and Amanda's characters experience little personality growth despite them traversing oceans of time and living multiple lives. From present-day Chicago to the infamous Chicago inferno of 1871 and into the Civil War era.

To say the book was flawed will be a bit harsh and to say it was without blemish would be a blatant lie. There existed a few typos and missing words that did not augur well with my conscience and it would have been a travesty to give it a higher rating than that.

For all readers who enjoy paranormal genres with a pinch of love on the side are welcome to sample this narrative. The fact that the author manages to paint a perfect picture bringing to light important circumstantial events that defined histories in America, such as The blaze of Chicago, slavery and the civil war, expressively confirms Samyann''s ability to be versatile. This book is not only a romantic novel but a historical one as well. You better not miss out on a deserving compilation.

Yesterday
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Franc93's review? Post a comment saying so!
"Are you going to sit there and feel sorry for yourself, or are you going to reshuffle those cards life dealt you."- Stick
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

This sounds like an interesting and informative read, thanks for the review!
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

I like how objective your review is. I must agree that the cover art is very visually stimulating! One thing that bothers me in stories is when events are unbelievable, so I'm glad you mentioned that issue. Thanks for the information regarding this book.
inaramid
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

Unbelievable conflicts aside, the characters' lack of personality growth is a big problem for any story. This book did garner positive reviews from others, so it's interesting to read another perspective. Thanks for this review.
Keevan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keevan.html
Latest Review: Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer

Post by Keevan »

Okay. I'm intrigued. I guess I'm going to give this one a try.

Good job on your review :D
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

I like your perspective of the book. Makes the book quite intriguing. I have so enjoyed reading your review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”