Review by Book Lover 35 -- Four Funny Potatoes!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Re: Review by Book Lover 35 -- Four Funny Potatoes!

Post by Connie Otwani »

It's funny that a banana was one of the four potatoes! Yes, children can be very impressionable and teaching them to be themselves in such a creative way is amazing. Great review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

Having read the Siegfried book, I can say this author might be one of my new favorites for children. This book sounds even better! I love the banana character, it sounds hilarious! Wonderful review!
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by Book Lover 35 »

Cotwani wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 15:17 It's funny that a banana was one of the four potatoes! Yes, children can be very impressionable and teaching them to be themselves in such a creative way is amazing. Great review!
[/quote
Yes they can. Thank you for the comment!
:tiphat:
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:

Post by Book Lover 35 »

Momiji1987 wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 17:54 Having read the Siegfried book, I can say this author might be one of my new favorites for children. This book sounds even better! I love the banana character, it sounds hilarious! Wonderful review!
I like the endings to his stories. Thank you! Thanks for the comment.
Jacci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacci.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Jacci »

I see that this book sounds full of fun, the cover photo looks captivating even adult people will also admire it.
:cooking: :cooking: reading while cooking is the best! :techie-reference: :lol2:
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:

Post by Book Lover 35 »

Jacci wrote: 27 Nov 2018, 19:12 I see that this book sounds full of fun, the cover photo looks captivating even adult people will also admire it.
Thank you for the comment!
Bianka Walter
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

This book made me go bananas!
This is hilarious!
Great review :)
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:

Post by Book Lover 35 »

Bianka Walter wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 04:50
This book made me go bananas!
This is hilarious!
Great review :)
Thank you! Thanks for the comment!
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

A fun to read story that also contains a moral for children is intriguing. Great review!
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:

Post by Book Lover 35 »

Rosemary Khathibe wrote: 29 Nov 2018, 02:27 A fun to read story that also contains a moral for children is intriguing. Great review!
Thank you. Thank you for the comment!
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

This book sounds hilarious. It sounds like a cute children's book.
:techie-studyingbrown:
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:

Post by Book Lover 35 »

LaurenHaupt wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 00:29 This book sounds hilarious. It sounds like a cute children's book.
Thank you! Thanks for the comment!
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

This sounds like a great book for children, being both fun and informative. Thanks for the review!
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:

Post by Book Lover 35 »

gen_g wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 01:26 This sounds like a great book for children, being both fun and informative. Thanks for the review!
I think my kids would like it. Thank you for the comment!
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayat-paarsa.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Ayat paarsa »

Book Lover 35 wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 13:15 [Following is a volunteer review of "Four Funny Potatoes!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I just got done reading Four Funny Potatoes by Len Foley. He is also the illustrator of the book. If you don't know who Len Foley is, he is also the creative author of Sigfried's Smelly Socks. This book made me go bananas! This story has charming characters, funny rhymes, and bright colors.

This story is about four funny potatoes. They sleep in a bowl during the day, but at night they are ready to play. They put on a band for their friends and song potato songs. Benny, the banana, has a problem. He is tired of acting like the fourth potato. He wants his friends to accept him for who he is, which is a banana. Can he convince his friends that he can be a banana and still be in the band at the same time?

This book was very entertaining to read. I think a lot of children would enjoy reading this book. There was a lot of unforgettable characters. There were the three other potatoes Marvin, Arnie, and Jimmy. I thought Marvin was the funniest. He juggles tomatoes. The look on their faces while being thrown in the air are really funny. There are also friends like Sophia the Sandwich and Jesse the Jelly Bean. Their friends also have unique characteristics and special talents. The book also had a funny and unpredictable ending.

I like the font that the author used. Some of the words were bigger than the others. Some words had bright colors and were different sizes. I liked that there were words that sounded the same. I think rhyming helps children when it comes to learning how to read. There are many lessons for children of different age groups. This book teaches older children that it is always good to be themselves. Real friends will accept you for who you are. It's sad to say that the potatoes were not the best when it came to friends. I think this book teaches younger children about different fruits and vegetables, and about colors. The words are easy to understand. I didn't notice any grammar errors. I think this book can be used to improve a child's vocabulary.

I would only do a couple of changes to this story. The pictures were cute but I wish they were bigger. It would of been nice if there was a detailed background to every page. I also wish there were more names to some of the characters. I think this story deserves 4 out of 4 stars. It was fun to read and I think children would enjoy this book. Kids that like a lot of detail in pictures might want to read something else. I'm thankful that I had a chance to read this story. I hope many children love it too.

Four Funny Potatoes!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Book Lover 35's review? Post a comment saying so!
I also reviewed this book. I think you did it extremely well, and yes I also noticed the issue of word's size.
:reading-5: @paarsa. :escribir:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”