Review by Hardeolar -- Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hardeolar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hardeolar.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Review by Hardeolar -- Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Hardeolar »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

ESCAPE by Mark Kingston Levin is a book that the plot circulates around Captain Jennifer Hero. Jennifer lives sometime in the future where the fate of humans is a stake because of a group of genetically enhanced human known as Syndos. Syndos are bent on destroying the rest of humanity left. Jennifer leads the group of people known as Naturals. Jennifer has no choice but to send people back in time to help fox whatever went wrong to the original designed Syndos. Jennifer couldn't go with her group because she had to travel to year 2015 to mourn her lover.

This book is well written but  professionally edited but while reading I could feel something went amiss along the way; the plot went completely from sci-fi to sex/romance novel.

This book ESCAPE did not hold my interest at all. Had it been that I'm not writing a review on this book, I definitely won't finish reading it. There are so many reasons I don't have an interest in this book. The first being that books about time travel is everywhere; plot about future technology is what everyone seems to be writing. This book isn't different from what I've read in the past, there's nothing outstanding about it. It doesn't stand out among them, instead it's the lowest and most confusing time travel book I've ever seen. The plot is good at first, until I got lost after reading just few pages.

I have no other choice but to give this book 2 out of 4 stars, because not only is the book not professionally edited but also the book has no meaning. It has a great beginning but a very confusing end.

The first few pages was really good; it even captivated me. I precisely got lost along the way, the plot got blown. If the book genre had been romance instead of sci-fi, then "maybe'' I would have just gone along with the book, but sci-fi? Definitely not. This book got me confused in the end; I still don't understand what I used hours to read. Even, the title does not match anything in the book. I urge the author of this book ESCAPE to consider another genre and title for the book. There were more sex scenes than time traveling in the book.

This book is recommended to adults because of the sexual scenes in the book, not recommended for anyone under age 18.

Escape
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Hardeolar's review? Post a comment saying so!
Vanessa Smithson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vanessa-smithson.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Post by Vanessa Smithson »

Well I'll urge the author to fix this, then maybe I'll give it a try. Great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”