Review by evan1995muniz -- Escape

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
evan1995muniz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evan1995muniz.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Review by evan1995muniz -- Escape

Post by evan1995muniz »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Escape by Mark Kingston Levin is an outstanding Sci-Fi/Fantasy novel. One that is equipped with time-travel, erotic romance, science, and action. They are all blended fantastically together into one great series. With three separate editors, by the names of Allison, Kelly, and Robin, there were no grammar errors that I observed. The editors did a very professional job leaving no room for readers to catch grammar mistakes, as I saw none. I was on the lookout for them too. It was a pleasing read. Without a doubt, this novel earns its rating of 4 out of 4 stars.

The Naturals (otherwise known as humans) are in grave danger of extinction, and Jennifer needs to act quickly. Jennifer, along with commander Brown and their team, must deploy a virus to alter the humans of the past genetically. They must do this to alter the Syndos, who are already genetically modified. The Syndos turned sour after they were altered and are planning to destroy planet earth. Jennifer and her team must go back in time. No, they don't use magic words. Instead, they use the trans-time machine created by Jen's lover, Zexton Ho. They must spread this virus through food and water to prevent the extinction of humans.

Some unforeseen events then take place. Zexton has passed away, leaving Jen an emotional wreck. Jennifer leaves her team and travels further back in time so that she can forget the pain of her recently lost love. She is trusting in commander Brown to succeed with the mission all on her own, so Jen goes to find her self. Although, she ends up on an island that is quite toxic. She is saved from this island of radiation. All thanks to Dr. Marty. Now she must learn to navigate in this strange time with new people, and new love.

My first impression on this novel was just incredible. From the very beginning, the author managed to draw me in and keep my attention. For perspective, I have a relatively short attention span and can maybe read for about 30 minutes before needing a break. With this novel, I read about half of the book all in one go! The writing style was easy to follow. This novel is perfect for a mature audience, and I would highly recommend it to all adults who love science and romance.

The formatting is great and does not cause any strain on the eyes as you read. There were no over dramatic fancy letterings. Everything was neat and clean. There is even a map at the beginning. I love any book that has a map because it really helps you visualize the layout and the setting. It really adds a nice touch to have that map.

The character development on Jennifer was very well detailed. You are able to get attached to her during her time alone on the island. The only flaw was that the other people on her team, like commander Brown, were not as developed. I did not feel a big attachment to them. In no way does this flaw hinder my opinion of the novel. There were unexpected plot twists early in the story. The action slowed down a bit as the story went on. Despite this, the story ended on such a dramatic note. I am aching to read the next book in this trilogy. From the erotic romance, to the action and science, this is one great novel that will leave you on the edge of your seat. I will definitely be reading the other novels in the 30th-century trilogy.

Escape
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like evan1995muniz's review? Post a comment saying so!
Mundanereader
Currently Reading: Five feet apart
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mundanereader.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Mundanereader »

I've seen this book multiple times and wondered if it was any good. Based off of your review, I can tell that it is!! I will definitely get to reading it in the near future.
Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Wyland »

I like this Fantasy novels that pits humans and genetically modified humans. I must find out what they are fighting about. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”