Review by Book Lover 35 -- The Traveler's Best Seller

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Review by Book Lover 35 -- The Traveler's Best Seller

Post by Book Lover 35 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Traveler's Best Seller" by Rick Incorvia.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If you could go back in time where would you go? Would you go back to a time when you were younger, or would you go back even farther? Let's say years BC? Many of us only dream of this chance, but for Tim Peregrine, he was given the opportunity. This adventurous book is called The Traveler's Best Seller. It is written by Rick Incorvia.

Tim Peregrine was down on his luck. He is a divorced, high school teacher who also just found out that he is dying of cancer. While searching on the internet, he came across a site that looked suspicious, but also intriguing. When he met with the person who was responsible for the website, he found out that his dreams were about to come true. It was a virtual reality time machine. He is given the chance to meet anyone from the past, have conversations with them, and also go on different adventures. Some of these adventures include meeting George Washington, Wolfgang Mozart, and also the very lovely Cleopatra. He soon discovers a new outlook on teaching and on life.

This book was amazing to read. It was exciting and also very educational. With me not knowing a lot about history, it was a fun way of learning. I enjoyed each story. I learned about George Washington and that he was a farmer. There is a map in the book that covers the amount of land that he owned. He owned a lot of land! I got to meet the young Cleopatra. Her father was still the king. It was interesting to discover what her home life was like and also her childhood. I also enjoyed meeting Mozart when he was just a little boy. Tim went on one more adventure, but I feel I would be giving a lot away if I mentioned where he went. I'll just say that it was very inspirational and was also worth reading about. You can tell that the author knows a lot about history. It is impressive how much information and detail was used in the book. There are some other exciting maps in the book. They help keep your interest in the stories. I was able to learn a lot about Tim. I learned what he was like as a person, and also what his childhood was like. I enjoyed reading about the lessons that he taught in his classrooms. It was wonderful seeing how much his attitude changed throughout the book. There is a surprising twist towards the end of the story. It was very unexpected.

There wasn't much at all that I didn't like about the book. I wished his time with Mozart was a little longer. It was a lot shorter than the others. I thought that Tim's financial situation was a little unrealistic. Every virtual reality tour was eight thousand dollars. The last tour was twelve thousand. The tours were back to back with short breaks in between. I was curious how he was able to afford all of it being a high school teacher. I only noticed two grammar errors. The book was wonderfully written. It was pretty easy to follow along. If you like this book, the authors gives two other samples of other books he's written at the end.

I think this book deserves 4 out of 4 stars. This book was hard to put down. I felt like I"ve learned a lot by reading it. Anyone who likes history, or wants to learn more would enjoy this book. If you like adventure stories you might also enjoy it. I think this book could be a neat reading assignment for teachers to give out. If you are not into history books, you might not like this one. This book taught me to live like I was dying. Life is short. Follow your dreams. Let people in your life know that you love them. I'm glad I had a chance to read this book. I hope a lot of people enjoy it.

The Traveler's Best Seller
View: on Bookshelves

Like Book Lover 35's review? Post a comment saying so!
:tiphat:
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Time travelling is an ability that marvels many of us. A book based on this is definitely an interesting one. Thanks for the comprehensive review 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:

Post by Book Lover 35 »

Sushan wrote: 06 Nov 2018, 12:17 Time travelling is an ability that marvels many of us. A book based on this is definitely an interesting one. Thanks for the comprehensive review 👍👍
That would be really neat! Thank you for the comment!
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

I would love to be able to time travel and to meet all the people that influenced the world we live in today. This sounds like a great read and thank you for such an informative review.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
fernsmom
Favorite Book: Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fernsmom.html
Latest Review: The Easter Make Believers by Finn Bell
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by fernsmom »

What a well written review! Definitely a book for me to put in my "to read shelf"! I like time travel, and your comment that it was a fun way to learn about history would benefit me as well. I want to read the book now! Great job!
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:

Post by Book Lover 35 »

JR Mercier wrote: 07 Nov 2018, 01:40 I would love to be able to time travel and to meet all the people that influenced the world we live in today. This sounds like a great read and thank you for such an informative review.
I would too but I would want to go back to my past also. It was a fun book. Thank you. Thank you for the comment!
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:

Post by Book Lover 35 »

fernsmom wrote: 07 Nov 2018, 08:05 What a well written review! Definitely a book for me to put in my "to read shelf"! I like time travel, and your comment that it was a fun way to learn about history would benefit me as well. I want to read the book now! Great job!
Thank you! It was. I would of loved to of had a teacher like him. I hope you enjoy it. Thanks again.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

This seems like a fun way to learn about historical figures. I'm interested in reading this. I'd probably travel to the beginning of time if I could time travel though. Thank you for the review.
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:

Post by Book Lover 35 »

prospero360 wrote: 07 Nov 2018, 23:41 This seems like a fun way to learn about historical figures. I'm interested in reading this. I'd probably travel to the beginning of time if I could time travel though. Thank you for the review.
It was. I hope you enjoy it. Thank you for the comment!
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

Wow, this sounds like a book I need to read! I love history and meeting such famous figures sounds fascinating.
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:

Post by Book Lover 35 »

Momiji1987 wrote: Wow, this sounds like a book I need to read! I love history and meeting such famous figures sounds fascinating.
I enjoyed it a lot. I hope you like it. Thank you for the comment.
Vscholz
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: Primrose’s Curse by Kiara Shankar, Vinay Shankar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vscholz »

Thank you for your well written review. The initial premise sounds like Breaking Bad but then it veers in a new direction. I'll look more into this book.
As for you & your heart & the things you said & didn't say, she will remember them all when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits. (Schmendrick the Magician)
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

This might be showing my age, but the plot sounds a little like Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, going back in time to meet historical figures. Even so, I love a good time travel book. Thanks for this recommendation.
Ijeoma Kikelomo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ijeoma-kikelomo.html
Latest Review: Visions of Prosetry, Collector's Edition II by Vèè Nelly

Post by Ijeoma Kikelomo »

Time traveling into a virtual reality. Who even thought of that? Absolutely brilliant! Sounds like a fun read, I also like that it is packed with a lot of historical information.
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:

Post by Book Lover 35 »

Vscholz wrote: 11 Nov 2018, 13:09 Thank you for your well written review. The initial premise sounds like Breaking Bad but then it veers in a new direction. I'll look more into this book.
It's a good book. Thank you for the comment!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”