Review by raqstar1 -- The Crystilleries of Echoland

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
raqstar1
Currently Reading: The Lady of the Lakes
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raqstar1.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Review by raqstar1 -- The Crystilleries of Echoland

Post by raqstar1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Will Cleary is a young boy who disappeared to another realm and returned without his twin sister Emmy. He and his parents spend all their energy trying to find the door to the other realm in order to get his sister back. Will’s two pets, a wolf and a falcon, were with him when he returned through the pond at his house. They are his constant companions. But Will and Emmy weren’t the only ones to disappear. Will has a book with over a thousand pages of other people who have just vanished without a trace. Will is the only one out of everyone in the book to have returned.

One day, Will decides that he is going to do the unthinkable and dive into the frozen pond to try to get back to save his sister. He wakes up on the shore only to find that his pets have saved him. But they are no longer pets. Now they are see-through people who explain that they are Echoes and that Will is a Sound. Echoes are the reflections of Sounds. Every Sound has an Echo and vice versa. Will is drawn into the world of the Echoes in order to help save his sister and his Echo, the prince of Echoes.

Once in the world of the Echoes, Will must take on a new identity. Because he is the Sound of the Prince of the Echoes, Will is in danger of being found out at every turn. His adventures are quick to become very important to the futures of everyone around him.

The Crystilleries of Echoland takes the reader on a magical journey through lands you can only imagine. The writing is captivating and describes everything so that you can see it in your mind’s eye. Each chapter also begins with a vivid picture to help you along the visual journey. The characters are all well developed and their stories keep you intrigued until the end.

This book would be a must read if you enjoy fantasy stories. It has action, mystery, suspense, and magic. It would be fun for the entire family. It is geared toward young adults but is not so juvenile that adults would be bored by it. I found myself not wanting to put it down and finished it in a couple sittings. There are twists and turns to keep you guessing and the storyline ties together very well. I would say the only people who may not enjoy this book would be those looking for gory battle scenes or mushy love scenes.

This is definitely a professionally edited book as there was only one very minor grammatical error that I found. With the great writing, amazing storyline and well-developed characters, I can only rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Dew Pellucid is definitely an author to follow!

The Crystilleries of Echoland
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like raqstar1's review? Post a comment saying so!
charmperit
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charmperit.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by charmperit »

I like that author created well-developed characters!
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Post by Mouricia Allen »

Thank you for your review. Well written.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Very well-written review! I have also read and reviewed this book recently. The magical journey was really captivating, and I absolutely loved the illustrations! Do you think there might be a sequel to it? I am really looking forward for more books featuring Echoland.
raqstar1
Currently Reading: The Lady of the Lakes
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raqstar1.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Post by raqstar1 »

Shrabastee wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 07:07 Very well-written review! I have also read and reviewed this book recently. The magical journey was really captivating, and I absolutely loved the illustrations! Do you think there might be a sequel to it? I am really looking forward for more books featuring Echoland.
I hope there will be more Echoland adventures. With the world that was set up in this story, there is certainly room for more!
Life is your own story. Sometimes you need an off-ramp and that's where books come in! :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-reference:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”