Review by amsula_2018 -- The Traveler's Best Seller

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
amsula_2018
Favorite Book: Angels & Demons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amsula-2018.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Review by amsula_2018 -- The Traveler's Best Seller

Post by amsula_2018 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Traveler's Best Seller" by Rick Incorvia.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Mr. Peregrine is a history teacher. He was never bothered by the fact that his students never listens to a word he says but things have changed when he was diagnosed of Stage 4 Cancer. His perception on teaching changed. He wants to change the lives of his students. He thought of strategies to change the ways of teaching. He thought of making it more interesting, so he looked in search engines of a website but instead of finding a strategy, he found a time travel website. Absurd as it sounds, he took the risk to book a time travel. Despite of high possibility that it is a scam, his desire to meet George Washington, Mozart and Cleopatra prevailed. Is the time travel true or is it a scam?

The book is composed of 294 pages and 16 chapters. The book includes the excerpt of other two books written by Rick Incorvia. It would take around 6-8 hours to read the book. This book is excellent read for those who are busy but are fond of reading novels.

The book gives the feel of reading history books but with a twist! Mr. Peregrine is part of the history. This makes the book quite interesting at first but as it goes on, you feel the boredom in reading it specially if you are not fond of history.

The character development focuses on one person ony and that is Mr. Peregrine. I was hoping that his students have grown or changed their ways but the only thing that changed is that the students took an interest in history. I also hope that there is some background story for his students or the time travel agents but there is none.

The book tackles some interesting topics such as Teaching Methods of teachers. Teaching profession should not be taken for granted but many teachers do. Especially if it is the only source of income they have. Teachers become passive and do not care if students learn or not. I commend the author for pointing that out in his book.

The book also tackles some lessons in life such as taking risk and living your life to the fullest. Mr. Peregrine had a lot of regrets in not enjoying his life and did not make the most of it. It saddens him that he only realized the things he missed when his life sentence has been given to him.

Another lesson from the book is to invest in what you eat. Mr. Peregrine was regretful in not eating healthy food and he believes that not eating fresh vegetable and fruits contributed to his sickness. Many people eat whatever they want without taking into consideration the effects of what they eat in their body.

In sum, this book is an inspirational book which is appropriate for those who are losing hope in life. I recommend this book for those who are fond of history.

I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because I like history and its a plus that there are lessons that can be learned from the book.

The Traveler's Best Seller
View: on Bookshelves

Like amsula_2018's review? Post a comment saying so!
"If you can't reduce your argument to a few crisp words and phrases,
there's something wrong with your argument." ~ M. Saatchi
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

A time travel website would be pretty cool. But then, isn't reading sort of like traveling through time? Nice review.
amsula_2018
Currently Reading:

Post by amsula_2018 »

Dael Reader wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 13:20 A time travel website would be pretty cool. But then, isn't reading sort of like traveling through time? Nice review.
Thanks for the feedback! 😊😊
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

I've read some reviews on this book. I like that it teaches a lot about some historical figures. Nice review.
amsula_2018
Currently Reading:

Post by amsula_2018 »

prospero360 wrote: 09 Nov 2018, 13:50 I've read some reviews on this book. I like that it teaches a lot about some historical figures. Nice review.
Thanks!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”