Review by HPolk1 -- The Blue Sea Monster

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
HPolk1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hpolk1.html
Latest Review: In Pursuit of The Pale Prince by Mark Wallace

Review by HPolk1 -- The Blue Sea Monster

Post by HPolk1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Blue Sea Monster" by Norma Fleagane, James Fleagane, Blake James Ward.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Blue Sea Monster
By: Norma Fleagane
Reviewed By: Heather Polk

This children’s book is very cute. It helps kids imagine and be creative. It did have somethings that had nothing to do with the story in the book. There was no reason to mention the monsters going to a convention. It was right in the middle of the story and took away from the main idea.

I think that the author has a knack for being creative but needs to have a more thorough with the writing plan. It may make more sense since this is part of a collection once the other books are released. There is an upside to this book though. It helps children distinguish between sad crying and happy crying. It helps kids see how parents are lost without them in their lives.

I would, however, give this book a 4 out of 4. It did have a wonderful story and kept my children entertained. It also had the thought that Christ shows you the way, since that is how the children were found. I hope this author continues this process.

If that was not the authors intention, then that I think it was God himself showing that to the children. I hope that the authors other books have these kinds of hidden messages in them. That is a light in a dim world, in my opinion. I hope they have other books about different creatures coming out as well. If this is the author’s first book, BRAVO!

The art that was displayed in the book was so cute. It perhaps heightened the idea of the story as a children’s book that could be built upon. I showed my children the artwork and they laughed. They aid it was silly. Pictures are the words of children’s books. This is an excellent proof of that. I looked all through out this story and there were no errors found. I could be wrong, but it looks perfect to me. It is a story I would reread over time. I have read it three times. My kids love it this much. If it become a hard back or paper back in the future, I would buy it. Again, I rate it a 4 out of 4. Gratitude is the word that comes to mind when I think of this story. I believe it is a gift in itself.

The Blue Sea Monster
View: on Bookshelves

Like HPolk1's review? Post a comment saying so!
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I'm curious about this book. Kid's monster stories can be fun.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Pictures are the words of children’s books.
I like that! The fact that your children enjoyed the story and found the pictures hilarious supports this. Sounds like a book I would love. Thanks for the review.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”