Review by Swara Sangeet -- Four Funny Potatoes!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Swara Sangeet
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 7
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 15
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 128
Currently Reading: The Warramunga's War
Bookshelf Size: 245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swara-sangeet.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B06Y66GMC5

Review by Swara Sangeet -- Four Funny Potatoes!

Post by Swara Sangeet » 02 Nov 2018, 09:29

[Following is a volunteer review of "Four Funny Potatoes!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It is hard for me to review such a short and sweet book without spoilers, but I will try my level best. Four Funny Potatoes by Len Foley is a hilarious and educational experience for toddlers and beginners. The author introduces various vegetables and fruits in a convincingly funny way that is quite enjoyable for kids that age. I can guarantee that this book may be used as an educational material for kids aged around 2-5. For younger kids, this is a good bedtime story. It is a real laugh for older kids (including me!) and I salute the author’s imagination.

There claim to be four potatoes that sit quietly in a bowl all day but put on a show at night. With the help of other vegetables, they have a lot of fun. While three potatoes are explaining their antics, the fourth one declares that it is not a potato. The lines rhyme wonderfully and it is a comedic account of how vegetables have fun. The skills that the vegetables, fruits and other items (which I assume to be in either a refrigerator or the kitchen) showcase are quite entertaining and fascinating in a “The Night at the Museum” style. The depiction is very creative and attracts the reader.

I had not enjoyed Sigfried’s Smelly Socks by the same author that much, but this was quite a delight. Perhaps if I was at an appropriate age for it, I would have enjoyed it even more. Description of each vegetable in a poetic fashion is sure to entertain young kids and it is enjoyable for parents who could read it for bedtime stories. What I liked the most about it was its educational nature. I am sure readers would enjoy it whilst learning.

Without a second thought, I award this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is short, sweet and funny; perfect for cute toddlers and a refreshing break for all ages as well. There are lines describing potatoes, tomatoes, jelly beans, watermelons, zucchinis, eggheads, grapes, fries and of course the suspense lies in the one item which claims that it is not a potato though it is grouped in that type.

I hope the readers like this book. From the bottom of my heart, I wish the author success in all future endeavors. I hope and pray that more and more books of this fashion emerge and provide us a rich reading experience.

Four Funny Potatoes!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Swara Sangeet's review? Post a comment saying so!

evan1995muniz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evan1995muniz.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by evan1995muniz » 07 Nov 2018, 11:32

Wow, you wrote a great review! your review does this children's book justice. I read it my self and did my own review and I thought it was cute.

Swara Sangeet
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 7
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 15
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 128
Currently Reading: The Warramunga's War
Bookshelf Size: 245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swara-sangeet.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B06Y66GMC5

Post by Swara Sangeet » 07 Nov 2018, 12:30

evan1995muniz wrote: ↑
07 Nov 2018, 11:32
Wow, you wrote a great review! your review does this children's book justice. I read it my self and did my own review and I thought it was cute.
Thank you so much for your compliment! You really made my day. I will check out your review for sure!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”