Review by Sahar Majid -- McDowell by William H. Coles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sahar Majid
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahar-majid.html
Latest Review: Iron Crossed by Renata Rose and Phil Rose

Re: Review by Sahar Majid -- McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Sahar Majid »

TheRVMom wrote: 03 Nov 2018, 16:14 Very good review. I liked reading your opinions on especially the character development and types of readers who would enjoy this type of book. The fact that you explained the characters are well developed without the unnecessary additions and this is a more fast-paced book makes me think it would be good for me to read. Very helpful! Thanks!
Thanks for stopping by!
inaramid
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

I'm still on the fence about this book, so the points you made gave me some new things to ponder. That said, I did enjoy some of Coles' other work. Thanks for this informative review.
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

McDowell by William H. Coles is truly one of its kind. It's a testament to the expertise of its author and creates a new standard for novelists wishing to specialize in the genres of crime, family, mystery, and maybe even tragedy (I find it difficult to categorize this book due to its wonderful complexity.). With a compelling plot and succinct writing style, Coles masterfully draws us into this world and then makes us realize that it is actually very similar to our own.
yes you are right saying like this that it is an entertaining novel. After reading it we can feel it like a story, an event, an unhappy and terrible life of a person in our own society near us. thanks for a thorough review.
Hiruni Bhagya 81
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiruni-bhagya-81.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Hiruni Bhagya 81 »

Thanks for the great review. I didn't feel as if Hiram was seeking redemption. He wanted to write a successful memoir. In learning how to do that he learned about life and realized some of his faults. Even if it wasn't his purpose, he became somewhat of an admirable human being worthy of reader's sympathy.
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

I have also read and reviewed this book. It's definitely fast-paced and very enjoyable. Glad you enjoyed it as well. This is a very good summary.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayat-paarsa.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Ayat paarsa »

It's true that even the most perfect person may have some level of evil nature within him, and it's truly upon him, how he overcomes that evil. I like your four out of four-star work on this review.
:reading-5: @paarsa. :escribir:
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

I agree that this book isn't for someone who want to have a light read. I also did a review on this one but had to deduct a star because it has toi many errosrs. Glad that they already fixed it. Thankd for the review!
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”