Review by Vitter Krane -- The Traveler's Best Seller

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vitter Krane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vitter-krane.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Review by Vitter Krane -- The Traveler's Best Seller

Post by Vitter Krane »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Traveler's Best Seller" by Rick Incorvia.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The novel The Traveler's Best seller by Rick Incorvia is partly an historical fiction and a technological novel. The author narrates the various happening that changed the world and how those events can be brought back and experienced today through technology. The leading character Mr. Peregrine has just divorced his wife and is nearly at the same time diagnosed with cancer. He is experiencing his down moments in life. He is still nostalgic about his marriage. Unfortunately, before he wholly recovers from the effects of his divorce, he is diagnosed with stage four cancer. She only has four weeks to live before kissing the world goodbye and joining the dead. The events create confusion in his mind and he is unsure of what to do. Four weeks. Four weeks to live. Which legacy would he live in the remaining four weeks of his life? Would he be able to impact on her student, students whom he had given up on nurturing before his timely death? All these events stir Mr. Peregrine and he decides to seek professional help.

I loved the science of persons interacting with great personas who lived in past through movement on a carriage. The carriage is connected with technology and takes a person to the person who they decide to meet from the past. For instance, Mr Peregrine interactions with George Washington was fascinating. I got intrigued by the technology because I was awed at such an advancement. I never imagined that to be possible, not to mention that such technology exists. Mr Peregrine interacts with. George Washington as part of his counselling session. Yes, its not like a real interaction with George Washington but a person with similar features and characteristics of the requested person as collected from the books of history. How they looked like, their characters and description of their residences. I loved Mr. Peregrine interactions with George Washington, though not the real George Washington.

Apart from that, I enjoyed the issues highlighted in the book like effects of divorce, cancer infection and post diagnosis effects, drug abuse and misuse, and the technology in general. I am an ardent lover of books that identifies with the happenings of the society. Such books enlighten on societal matters. It enables me to share and learn those matters from the perspective of other persons.

The style and language used in writing the book is excellent. I'm convinced that it was properly proof read. There are few typo errors. The errors were negligible and in no way interfered with my understanding of the book. They were simple e errors and anybody could have made them.

For purposes of impartiality, I give this novel a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. It had a rich writing style plus the personality of the character is well moulded. Characters matures as the grows. I would recommend this book to young parents, lovers of technology and history.

The Traveler's Best Seller
View: on Bookshelves

Like Vitter Krane's review? Post a comment saying so!
Power Onyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-power-onyango.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Power Onyango »

Fair enough.
Naja Saba
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Naja Saba »

Good book summary
Rodrigo Niguez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodrigo-niguez.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Rodrigo Niguez »

I gave the book a similar rating as well.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”