Review by Facennagoss -- Roadmap to the End of Days

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Facennagoss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-facennagoss.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Review by Facennagoss -- Roadmap to the End of Days

Post by Facennagoss »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Roadmap to the End of Days is a work of non-fiction that delves in to biblical history in order to predict the end of the world as we know it today. It was written by Daniel E. Friedmann. The book takes the reader through a timeline of biblical events and links them with more recent occurrences. Through a close study of the bible and the breakdown of years, Daniel Friedmann puts forward his theory on when we can expect to see drastic change in how we live. Does the human race have an expiry date or is there hope for a better future?

I enjoyed this book because it instilled a confidence in the reader through the use of fact. A huge amount of research and thought has clearly gone in to the writing of this book. I particularly liked the use of tables and the section in Chapter four that outlines the idea that the world works itself out in sevens, meaning that the end of days will occur in the seventh millennia. The use of tables and charts is really helpful in cementing understanding. I also felt that the glossary of terms at the back of the book was enormously helpful in aiding understanding. With regards to all the horror stories we hear today, this book provides comfort through the suggestion that this is all part of the plan. This book contained very few mistakes. It seemed professionally edited.

I would recommend reading this book as a hard copy rather than electronically because the tables are at the back. These tables are frequently referenced and it was difficult to keep turning forwards and backwards on the electronic device.

I felt that some statements and ideas were repeated with the intention of making the same point. This occurred on a number of occasions throughout the book and I felt that this disrupted the flow somewhat. I would also have liked to have seen some of the biblical stories developed so it didn’t read so much like a textbook.

This book relies heavily on the reader belonging to the Christian faith. I do not recommend this book for anyone without Christian beliefs. However, due to the level of research Daniel Friedmann has clearly undertaken, the layout of the theory will make sense to most Christians.

I gave this book 2 out of 4 stars. It was clearly very well researched and the thought process behind the numbers was very methodical. I enjoyed the book because it was comforting to think that there has been a plan all along and that this will continue us in to the future. I was unable to give the book a higher rating because of the issue with the repetition that has been highlighted above. I would also liked to have seen some further development of the biblical stories to further engage the reader. I recommend this book for anyone with Christian beliefs and those who have a deep interest in the future of the world as we know it.

Roadmap to the End of Days
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Facennagoss's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”