Review by ValBookReviews -- Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 772
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Review by ValBookReviews -- Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Superhighway 2" by Alex Fayman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Superhighway 2 is about how Alex Fine who now finds himself in the crosshairs of history. He is on the run from a Russian oligarch and a foreign government. Moreover, as he hides out in Las Vegas, he experiences true love, battles drug addiction and watches the world explode into a major military conflict. Alex also becomes a father and forced to go through the same fate that his father endured.

The book opens up in a usual manner. Depicting Alex's weird predicament, Alex Fayman picks up where book 1 left off. Alex's bodily functions seemed controlled by scientists whom he felt hijacked his brain to harvest his innate electroportation secrets. The exhilarating speed through the digital matrix of lights and the virtual tunnels of the alternate universe did not relent their stronghold of his psyche until the day he felt like he died. Suspended on his throne, he had ample opportunity to blame his mutated genes for his failures. In his haste to stay alive, he was quick to abandon his life. Misled by a faulty moral compass, it appeared he wasted his supernatural abilities.

Of course, this brings me to what I like about the book. I love that in the midst of all the turmoil, Alex found a way to clean up his act. The book is super thrilling and a fast-paced read. Superhighway 2 amazed me beyond my electronic imagination. Many components of the story captivated my attention and kept me on the edge of my seat. In as much as I assumed the previous twenty-four hours of Alex's life that included a run-in with Eva and the jock, an uppercut to his face, a police interview, a close call with the Russian Neanderthals, a failed suicide, and helicopter gunships, it is quite apparent, Alex Fayman indeed introduces you and me to a disorderly lifestyle.

On the flip side, once again, although written from a scientific point-of-view, I am not too fond of the concept of believing that people can travel through time and space by use of the internet. It still seems unrealistic to me. However, yet I think that digital addiction is a real issue. Additionally, I would not say I like that notion regarding our present and future generations. Unfortunately, Alex proves that his dire consequences outweigh his uncanny choices and decisions to utilize his scientific gift to steal from a Russian mob. It did not pay off as planned. Moreover, the ending leaves to believe that I have not seen the last of Alex Fine.

At the same time, despite several grammatical and spelling errors, I rate Superhighway 2 4 out of 4 stars because it is intriguing and appeals to the science fiction audience. In addition to anyone curious to discover what happened to Alex. Therefore, excited to have obtained a free copy to read and review. Congratulations to Alex Fayman for another beautiful piece of literary work.

Superhighway 2
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ValBookReviews's review? Post a comment saying so!
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

Thanks Valbookreviews for your intriguing review. I have been interested in this book, but it sounds like I need to read the first book before I read this one. Thanks for the information.
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Misled by a faulty moral compass, it appeared he wasted his supernatural abilities.

Of course, this brings me to what I like about the book. I love that in the midst of all the turmoil, Alex found a way to clean up his act.
We all could err, indeed. I do hope we all get to have and maximise our chance at redemption. Thank you for your thoughtful review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Thanks for this wonderful review! I read book one, and am working on book two right now. The author has based his series on an interesting concept and I have enjoyed seeing the main character develop. Your comments are very compelling. Thanks again.
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 670
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

Your review makes me want to read the book. Book 1 is hilarious and engaging. I'm glad that book 2 highlights Alex's life advances. And the plot in book 2 sounds more juicy. Incredible review.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
Popcorn1
Currently Reading: The reel sistelrs
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-popcorn1.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Popcorn1 »

Great job on the review. I have read the first book and it left me in suspense. I am eager to find out what happens next and your review let me get a glimpse on it.
allbooked+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allbooked.html
Latest Review: A Bonza Life by Brian murphy

Post by allbooked+ »

I like action books that have side plots (repairing the moral compass) to add to the overall story. This gives the characters a more realistic attribute! Enjoyed reading your review.
Samuel Windybank
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-wimbaum.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Samuel Windybank »

The travelling through internet highways idea sounds a lot like The Matrix to me. I’ll have to look into this one. Thanks for the review.
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Post by TheMazeRunner »

Sounds like an interesting book. Nice review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”