Review by Supergirl1 -- McDowell by William H. Coles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
OloladeO
Currently Reading: The Michael Project
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ololadeo.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Re: Review by Supergirl1 -- McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by OloladeO »

It sounds like a very engaging read, though most people don't seem to like the way it ended. It is basically a book about self-redemption. Congrats to the author for winning BOTD.
zulfa doris buoga
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by zulfa doris buoga »

Great review...its more of guilt conscious ..and i love the part Mc Dowell changes to a better person.
TheTrueNyree
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thetruenyree.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by TheTrueNyree »

Amazing job on this review, very detailed! I am super excited about starting this book on the weekend. I love that Mr. Coles, develops his characters so well, making them more human. I am truly able to relate to the characters, meaning they are realistic, not totally made up. "McDowell is a timeless story of life, told from every angle. The protagonist does not see himself as a bad guy. He just has no time for sentiment or emotion. To his family, he is hardly anyone but the guy that provides them with cash. To many of his colleagues, he is nothing but an over-ambitious fellow. And to society, he is the charming doctor with a golden heart. This book gives a realistic reflection on human perception and its shortcomings." I love this, because that's truly how some people are. Some people definitely wear many faces, when dealing with people. Can't wait to get started on this book, I will definitely share my thoughts on it when I finish!
Dwenson
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dwenson »

I absolutely love character-driven stories! This one sounds like a winner with a protagonist that I would love to hate or hate to love. The mention of suspense is an added bonus. I can’t wait to read it!
Abbaabdullahi027

Post by Abbaabdullahi027 »

I had read this book recently and I must say this is a very engaging book. I like the character development in this book and its true reflection of a typical human attributes. Its central theme of redemption is well brought out. I really adore this book.
Sunday diamond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-diamond.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sunday diamond »

The book is well sum up by this review. I've once wanted to review this book, but I'm not able to open the book format on my phone that time. With this review, I wish I can still have that opportunity once more.
jgraney8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgraney8.html
Latest Review: Murder in Memory by Mike Thorne
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jgraney8 »

I am a little chagrined that so many people did not find grammatical errors in McDowell when I found so many comma errors with compound sentences that I quit counting. I guess I must have graded too many papers with those kinds of errors in them.
“On the highest throne in the world, we still sit only on our own bottom.”
― Michel de Montaigne, The Complete Essays
yousuf22

Post by yousuf22 »

That such a large number of individuals did not discover linguistic blunders in McDowell when I found such huge numbers of comma mistakes with compound sentences that I stopped checking. I figure I probably reviewed such a large number of papers with those sorts of mistakes in them.
Sunday diamond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-diamond.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sunday diamond »

I'll love to add this book to those book I've just developed interest in, such as this book. Because, from this review the book sounds lesson-packed one, and easily rendered
janiyah giles
Currently Reading:

Post by janiyah giles »

I love how you expounded on the book. It definitely is a great read!
ayman1200ss

Post by ayman1200ss »

I had read this book recently and I must say this is a very engaging book. I like the character development in this book and its true reflection
Mcolawale3

Post by Mcolawale3 »

Nice review it draw me closer to some intressting thought
kristine29
Currently Reading: Release that witch
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristine29.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by kristine29 »

You know sometimes I do get interested on villains rather than the good guy. I am interested on their ever tragic stories. How those stories affected their life and made them who they are, and I feel very satisfied whenever they become humane again . I don t expect them to be kind but be able to love again and be loved for who they are
charmperit
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charmperit.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by charmperit »

The chararter development of McDowell interests me. This is a good review!
Oyegbemi+122

Post by Oyegbemi+122 »

I highly loved the protagonist because he's a great man and i love the novel aside.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”