Review by Melchi Asuma -- Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Melchi Asuma
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melchi-asuma.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review by Melchi Asuma -- Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Melchi Asuma »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Chrome Mountain" by Ben Schneider.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ben Shneider has successfully answered a very difficult question to answer. What exactly is 'a match made in Heaven?' Sonya Mccall is running from her past life. Trey, on the other hand, is running without knowing the exact reason, or even who is chasing him. All he knows is that he is being chased by a terrorist organization - Chrome Falcon.

Previously, Sonya had joined a biker gang - Scraemon Demons - and started dating their leader, Levi. However, the gang started getting involved in murders and tortures, which did not sit well with her. Levi also started mistreating her; going to the extent of physically and sexually assaulting her. On the other hand, Trey is a scientist who comes up with a groundbreaking invention. He creates a device, the VV1, that can cloak anything from the human eye. He, however, destroys it before anyone can come into contact with it. As fate would have it, the two meet and join forces, in order to fight their enemies together. They also involve the FBI. Things get heated, lives are ended and, even more, saved. This is all inside Chrome Mountain.

Plotwise, Chrome Mountain passes my 'standards test.' The plot is very intrinsic, detailed and enjoyable. The amount of twists and turns in the story is just applaudable. Also, the author creates a lot of suspense, such that you really cannot anticipate what happens next at any point in the book. Moreover, the book is Christian-themed which made it even more enjoyable for me, as the message was brought out very well from the 'highly pagan and criminal story.'

I also loved the characterization and the character development in this novel. Sonya is extremely badass. She does not take anything lying down. At the beginning of the book, when she was being hunted down by Levi's cronies, she stepped up and, despite her beliefs, had to kill her attacker. This made me fall in love with her and root for her. She then meets Trey and offers a helping hand. Trey himself starts as a pushover but ends up as a badass after meeting with and 'hanging out' with Sonya. This was when they were fighting off their enemies.

I honestly have no complaints when it comes to this novel. It was a great idea and, one that was executed very well. For that, I congratulate Ben Shneider for a job well done. For the rating, I have to award the full 4 out of 4 stars, no questions asked. However, I did encounter very few grammatical errors. This book will be enjoyed by all fans of thrillers and Christian-themed novels.

Chrome Mountain
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Melchi Asuma's review? Post a comment saying so!
MA
JHuschle519
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jhuschle519.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by JHuschle519 »

The book sounds very interesting. My only concern is that it sounds like there are a lot of different groups and forces involved, and in a lot of books this can affect how believable the story is. Based on your review it doesn't sound like the author ran into this problem, but I guess I won't really know for sure until I read it myself, which your review has encouraged me to do. Thanks for the great write up.
Debjani Ghosh
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading: The Evacuees
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debjani-ghosh.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Debjani Ghosh »

Good review! This sounds like a gripping thriller. However, I am not sure if I will enjoy the Christian themes.
Vicror_joel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Vicror_joel »

Nice review!! This sound like a good gripping thriller, however I'm not sure if I will enjoy the Christian themes....
sammie23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by sammie23 »

the book sound much interesting thriller
fernsmom
Favorite Book: Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fernsmom.html
Latest Review: The Easter Make Believers by Finn Bell
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by fernsmom »

Great review! Sounds like a good book. The way you explained it with this below makes it sound enjoyable.
"The plot is very intrinsic, detailed and enjoyable. The amount of twists and turns in the story is just applaudable. "

Also to included Christian-themed with the thrillers as you said is intriguing and sounds like an original plot.
Flowers123
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flowers123.html
Latest Review: Fragments by Bruce K. Berger

Post by Flowers123 »

An action thriller touching on two exciting characters on the run sounds interesting. Although I like action filled technological thrillers like this one, however, I don't enjoy a book with a lot of deaths involved. Thanks for the beautiful review.
jjmainor
Currently Reading: The House Where Evil Dwells...Thirteen Tells
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jjmainor.html
Latest Review: Beyond Cloud Nine (Beyond Saga Book 1) by Greg Spry

Post by jjmainor »

JHuschle519 wrote: 22 Oct 2018, 22:51 The book sounds very interesting. My only concern is that it sounds like there are a lot of different groups and forces involved, and in a lot of books this can affect how believable the story is. Based on your review it doesn't sound like the author ran into this problem, but I guess I won't really know for sure until I read it myself, which your review has encouraged me to do. Thanks for the great write up.
I almost thought the leader of the biker gang was forgotten as the book closed in on the ending, but the author brought us back to him for one last conflict. It was one of those instances where you think the main plot has been wrapped up and everybody is about to live happily-ever-after, and suddenly that one threat resurfaces...

This is a great book if you're looking for something fast paced. It has enough character development without bogging down the story like you see in a lot of books. And it switches between comedic and maudlin in a way that feels appropriate...
Popcorn1
Currently Reading: The reel sistelrs
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-popcorn1.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Popcorn1 »

Chrome mountain was added in my bookshelves but I didn't have time to read it. However, after reading this review I will definitely note this book in my next to read list. I like how you described the book.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

It book offers a very twisting plot. After reading your review, I am convinced to try this one. Great review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Willy 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willy-1.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond

Post by Willy 1 »

I love how trey becomes more of a badass after meeting Sonya. He had to step up from being a pushover. One thing I would love to understand is how all this was related towards a Christian theme though. Good review.
Summer_Moon
Currently Reading: The Jurassic Chronicles (Future Chronicles #15)
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-moon.html
Latest Review: Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin
Reading Device: 1400697565

Post by Summer_Moon »

Nice review, but I have to say, judging by what you wrote, it kind of sounds like an author who has not written anything before. While you say that it is a page turner, I am having a hard time believing it is from how you summarized the book. Perhaps I am wrong. I will add it to my bookshelf to read at some point in the future and find out for sure. But that Christian theme you mentioned really brings down the value of the book in my opinion. Either way, thanks for the review, and I am sure someone would enjoy this book.
spencermack
Favorite Book: A Loaf Of Bread
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spencermack.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by spencermack »

I have been thinking about reviewing this myself. It seems like it is certainly worth my time! Thank you for your review!
Spencer Mack

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”