Review by charmaineperit -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
charmaineperit
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charmaineperit.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Review by charmaineperit -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by charmaineperit »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This book, And Then I Met Margaret: Stories of Personal Transformation, written by Rob White, is a non-fiction book that tells his own experiences that awakened him on important lessons in life.

Rob White is a successful real estate businessman who seeks help from philosophers, renowned authors, spiritual teachers, and other gurus for self-fulfillment. However, he discovered that his greatest life teachers that awakened him to powerful insights and changes his outlook in life are actually the people he encountered in everyday life. Each chapter in the book reveals the different encounters he had and the lessons he had learned.

The beautiful thing about Rob White’s stories is how positive his outlook is, that his experiences and encounters with people make him realize life lessons. One of his key characters is his humility; he is humble enough to have his mind open for learning from other people. The people he encountered includes a 5-year old girl, a peanut butter vendor, some stranger in the airport, and other people that seem so random, yet, he hasn’t forgotten because of the life-long lessons they have made him realize.

Some of the lessons mentioned in the book are mostly the simple life lessons that have been probably heard or read plenty of times, but still, the effect it gives is still huge that it would make you contemplate about your own life. And it is great to rediscover on how life uses other people to teach us the important lessons in life.

Each chapter begins with his myths he believed about life then ends with the truth he discovered from his experiences. It was structured in a way that tells the reader that life is a continuous learning platform. The good thing about Rob White is that he does not only learn from his experience, but he also applied it in his life. As he said, “…it’s important to understand that the act of deconstructing a myth is more than just revealing the untruth and having an insight, …you must go out in the world and act as though your newly discovered truth is so.” And that is what he showed in his experiences, he does not only have insights, but he turned it to a new truth that he applies in his life.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because of the important life lessons that can be learned.This book suits readers looking for inspirational stories about life and success.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like charmaineperit's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”