Review by Roysteph017 -- Devilish by Tricia Barr

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roysteph017
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roysteph017.html
Latest Review: Devilish by Tricia Barr

Review by Roysteph017 -- Devilish by Tricia Barr

Post by Roysteph017 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Devilish" by Tricia Barr.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I am reading Devilish by Tricia Barr. This story is about Lucifer escaping the hell he has been imprisoned in for centuries. He comes to earth and meets a nice young junior journalist for the New York times named Felicity Claire. When Felicity's boss tells her she has to get Lucifers' story she learns more than she expects to about his past and the reason for his imprisonment. Lucifer only agrees to allow her to get the full story on his own terms. Although this book is not a religious book it does tell about the reason that Lucifer was banished from the heavens and made to oversee Hell. His job is to help rehabilitate all of the evil and hateful souls so they have a chance to eventually join the good souls in heaven.

I absolutely loved this book. My favorite part of this book is that Lucifer is not the usual absolute bad guy through the entire book. He is portrayed differently than he is normally portrayed. There was not too much sex in this book compared to the number of pages. Do not get me wrong, there was plenty of sex, but there was not so much that it took away from the storyline. It definitely progressed as a story instead of sticking with sex as the main focus. The book would still definitely fit into the paranormal romance genre though.

One of my dislikes is how gullible Felicity is. She is made out to be this brilliant woman who graduates from college early, but she falls for something that is super easy to catch onto. (I am not going to elaborate for fear of spoilers) A junior journalist should have been able to catch on fairly quickly. Other than that I really did not have any other dislikes about this book. It was written absolutely wonderfully.

The rating that I am going to be giving this book is a 3 out of 4. The reason for my review not being a 4 out of 4 is because of how gullible the author made Felicity. The reason I did not take another point off of the review is that the author really did an amazing job on this book. You can tell through the story that she has a gift for writing and she is able to let us see how much her writing means to her throughout the story.

I believe that this book would most likely appeal to any young adult that would normally read romance novels. Most paranormal romance novels are a little out of the box for everyone to like, but I think that this one does a great job at being just strange enough to qualify for being a paranormal romance novel, but not too strange that people who are not normally into paranormal romance to not want to read it. This book feels like it would be great for anyone who enjoys romance novels.

Devilish
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Roysteph017's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”