Review by BookReader+6 -- If life stinks get your head o...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Review by BookReader+6 -- If life stinks get your head o...

Post by HollandBlue »

[Following is a volunteer review of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"Honor your path" writes Mark L. Wdowiak, author of If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts. He feels that life is a journey, and that you should "take responsibility for yourself and stop making excuses and blaming others when things don't work out." To become successful, both personally and professionally, you must "create positive changes in your life."

Wdowiak shares many of his personal experiences, and the steps he took to become successful in his own life. He writes that you should "emulate" those "who have achieved what you desire." He realized that the problem he was having in attaining success was within his own mind. Wdowiak describes the three areas of thinking that need to be changed before success can be achieved. He compares those areas to crawling, walking, and running; you must prepare, implement, and strive to reach your goals.

Mark L. Wdowiak clearly states his points, and the book is written in the first-person. He uses a conversational tone, and he writes like he is talking directly to you. Wdowiak takes examples from his own life, and includes many quotes from his "ol' man." His writing is straightforward and concise, although the themes of responsibility and success become somewhat repetitive. He finds many different ways to describe the same ideas. I find this to be the main downfall of the book. Another factor that I didn't like was that there wasn't much room for disagreement with his opinions of how to reach your goals, although I have to note that Wdowiak does seem to sincerely want to help people achieve success by using the methods in his book.

The book is very motivating and useful for those stuck in a rut. The chapters are short and easy to follow. The paragraphs are interrupted at times with supporting facts that emphasize the points being made. At the end of each chapter, there is a spot for you to write your initials to demonstrate that you have read and implemented what was written.

I rate If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts 3 out of 4 stars.There are only a few grammatical mistakes, and the book is well-edited. I would recommend this self-help book to those looking for a way to attain their full potential. However, it's not for those who like to "play the victim" unless they are interested in making a change in their attitude. If you want to be inspired to achieve the best in yourself, then this book is what you are looking for to help.

If life stinks get your head outta your buts
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like BookReader+6's review? Post a comment saying so!
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

The title is very reasonable. For a while, I thought I have seen buts with double t. If that had been the case, the configuration would be somewhat hard to attain ---placing your head in your butts --- it would take somebody sort of a contortionist to do it. And that makes sense, it really stinks outta there, no matter how extensive the preparation. Another thing, your focus would be backward. Human evolution, especially that it is selective of the proper traits, would not have proceeded that way, with the head down there. Thanks, it was not the case. Thanks for the interesting review.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
FictionLover
Favorite Book: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fictionlover.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by FictionLover »

He feels that life is a journey, and that you should "take responsibility for yourself and stop making excuses and blaming others when things don't work out." To become successful, both personally and professionally, you must "create positive changes in your life."

Wdowiak shares many of his personal experiences, and the steps he took to become successful in his own life. He writes that you should "emulate" those "who have achieved what you desire." He realized that the problem he was having in attaining success was within his own mind. Wdowiak describes the three areas of thinking that need to be changed before success can be achieved. He compares those areas to crawling, walking, and running; you must prepare, implement, and strive to reach your goals.
I enjoyed this book too, and found many of his statements spot on. There were some flaws, for example, he gave few action steps and I spent much of the book waiting for more.

Thanks for your review.

:tiphat:
"I love reading another reader’s list of favorites. Even when I find I do not share their tastes or predilections, I am provoked to compare, contrast, and contradict. It is a most healthy exercise, and one altogether fruitful." T.S. Eliot
HollandBlue
Currently Reading:

Post by HollandBlue »

ReyvrexQuestor Reyes wrote: 19 Oct 2018, 18:32 The title is very reasonable. For a while, I thought I have seen buts with double t. If that had been the case, the configuration would be somewhat hard to attain ---placing your head in your butts --- it would take somebody sort of a contortionist to do it. And that makes sense, it really stinks outta there, no matter how extensive the preparation. Another thing, your focus would be backward. Human evolution, especially that it is selective of the proper traits, would not have proceeded that way, with the head down there. Thanks, it was not the case. Thanks for the interesting review.
Thanks for stopping by!
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
(1466-1536)
HollandBlue
Currently Reading:

Post by HollandBlue »

FictionLover wrote: 19 Oct 2018, 22:32
He feels that life is a journey, and that you should "take responsibility for yourself and stop making excuses and blaming others when things don't work out." To become successful, both personally and professionally, you must "create positive changes in your life."

I enjoyed this book too, and found many of his statements spot on. There were some flaws, for example, he gave few action steps and I spent much of the book waiting for more.

Thanks for your review.

:tiphat:
I felt that way too, thanks for commenting!
(1466-1536)
gen_g
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

This sounds like a great resource and an inspiring read! It's also definitely a plus when the book is well-edited. Thanks for the review.
HollandBlue
Currently Reading:

Post by HollandBlue »

gen_g wrote: 21 Oct 2018, 05:22 This sounds like a great resource and an inspiring read! It's also definitely a plus when the book is well-edited. Thanks for the review.
It is a great motivational resource! Thanks for commenting!
(1466-1536)
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Dissonance by Aaron Ryan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

I am currently reading this one and I must say I have found it quite life-changing. You are right about the repetition but I find that acceptable because I read those books to give me a boost when I am in danger of succumbing to negative thinking. In that connection I am happy to be reminded of key points, though you're right that it is a bit of a limitation of the book. Great review!
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
inaramid
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

Self-help books aren't really my thing, but this sounds like it would be an informative read for its target audience. The title is certainly eye-catching, and I'm glad to know that the style is very conversational. Thanks for the review!
HollandBlue
Currently Reading:

Post by HollandBlue »

ButterscotchCherrie wrote: 24 Oct 2018, 09:44 I am currently reading this one and I must say I have found it quite life-changing. You are right about the repetition but I find that acceptable because I read those books to give me a boost when I am in danger of succumbing to negative thinking. In that connection I am happy to be reminded of key points, though you're right that it is a bit of a limitation of the book. Great review!
The repetition does get the points across, and the book is certainly activating and inspiring. Thanks for commenting!
(1466-1536)
HollandBlue
Currently Reading:

Post by HollandBlue »

inaramid wrote: 24 Oct 2018, 20:07 Self-help books aren't really my thing, but this sounds like it would be an informative read for its target audience. The title is certainly eye-catching, and I'm glad to know that the style is very conversational. Thanks for the review!
The title says it all! The author wants people to stop making excuses for not attaining their goals. It's a quick read, so if you ever feel the need for some self-help, I would recommend it.
(1466-1536)
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

ReyvrexQuestor Reyes wrote: 19 Oct 2018, 18:32 The title is very reasonable. For a while, I thought I have seen buts with double t. If that had been the case, the configuration would be somewhat hard to attain ---placing your head in your butts --- it would take somebody sort of a contortionist to do it. And that makes sense, it really stinks outta there, no matter how extensive the preparation. Another thing, your focus would be backward. Human evolution, especially that it is selective of the proper traits, would not have proceeded that way, with the head down there. Thanks, it was not the case. Thanks for the interesting review.
Lol! Imagine I also initially saw a double t, but didn't stop to analyze it as much as you have! I love BookReader+6's review of the book. Seems an interesting one.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
HollandBlue
Currently Reading:

Post by HollandBlue »

Cotwani wrote: 25 Oct 2018, 10:41
Lol! Imagine I also initially saw a double t, but didn't stop to analyze it as much as you have! I love BookReader+6's review of the book. Seems an interesting one.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I could easily see how initially you might see a double 't', but when you read the book it all makes sense.
(1466-1536)
Debjani Ghosh
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading: The Evacuees
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debjani-ghosh.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Debjani Ghosh »

Self-help books are not my cup of tea, but the book cover and the title both are catchy. This seems to be a resourceful book. Thanks for the review.
HollandBlue
Currently Reading:

Post by HollandBlue »

Debjani Ghosh wrote: 27 Oct 2018, 08:01 Self-help books are not my cup of tea, but the book cover and the title both are catchy. This seems to be a resourceful book. Thanks for the review.
Thanks for checking out my review even though you aren't into self-help books. The cover and title are catchy, I agree!
(1466-1536)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”